CX Worlds This Weekend

ChrisL

FYI the cyclocross world championships are this weekend.  The Olympic channel will show the women’s & men’s elite live with a replay.

Tomorrows women’s elite race should be exciting. 2 time winner Sanne Cant is not riding well, KFC is riding well and there are a host of other women who could take it.

On the men’s side It should be a two man race between the two Vans. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Good reminder, Chris.

I can't believe how fun the women's races are in relation to the men's.  Pretty much parity in excitement.

I also can't believe how difficult that off camber muddy slope is to navigate followed by the steep drop in ruts.  Likewise, I can't quite wrap my head around how Compton seems to dominate our US stuff, but it is Keough  who seems to always show up for the US at the Worlds.  I also can't see how the course will be "fixed" in time for the Men's race!  Those muddy rutted parts will be brutal.  And, I can't believe how vitally important a good mechanic is in the pits - substantially more important than the brand of bike one is riding!

Finally, I can't wait for tomorrow's race! Scary to consider I will watch it with more interest than I watch the Super Bowl :D

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Good reminder, Chris.

I can't believe how fun the women's races are in relation to the men's.  Pretty much parity in excitement.

I also can't believe how difficult that off camber muddy slope is to navigate followed by the steep drop in ruts.  Likewise, I can't quite wrap my head around how Compton seems to dominate our US stuff, but it is Keough  who seems to always show up for the US at the Worlds.  I also can't see how the course will be "fixed" in time for the Men's race!  Those muddy rutted parts will be brutal.  And, I can't believe how vitally important a good mechanic is in the pits - substantially more important than the brand of bike one is riding!

Finally, I can't wait for tomorrow's race! Scary to consider I will watch it with more interest than I watch the Super Bowl :D

Yeah I actually dig the women’s events more as there is more parity and the Americans have a chance to podium. The men are just crazy fast and their technical skills are insane. 

Not likely the course will be fixed and there will be practice laps so why bother fixing it. KFC really faded but had good results leading up to the event.  Her health is kinda fickle.  When everything is clicking she can podium and has.  Her window may be closing though.  Keough is right on the verge of breaking through.