Last I looked it was -8F and -24F wind chill

sheep_herder

Surprised at the 3:00am check, finding a set of triplets from an older ewe and a single born to a ewe lamb. Both moms are penned in the barn, and the triplets are warming up inside by a heater vent, before they join their mom in the barn.  Left the single with its mom.  This could be an interesting cold spell that appears to be lasting through the weekend.

• Heart 1

Yesterday it was 48F and no wind at all as I wore a teeshirt and fall coat and cleaned out my car and replaced a couple plastic containers filled with tools, bungee chords, washer fluid, etc. .I got a few cheap cargo nets to better hold those containers while the back seats are flat, which is how I set them when I'm transporting Labradoodle Jake to be taken for a park/trail walk.  He's nearby been buried by shifting containers a couple of times - lucky he's an 80 lb dog.

Supposed to rain most of today and into tomorrow.   It’s been raining off & on since Wed of last week.  I don’t know our totals for the season but we have got to be well above the seasonal average already. 

SoCal is really green right now as well.  We have a local nature preserve and the lake has been dry for the past few years.  I’m hoping it’s a lake again.