Corn Squeezin??????

jsharr

I don't know about squeezin's, but America's farmers are up in arm over Budweiser's commercial delivering a cask of unwanted Corn Syrup to Coors and Miller saying Bud didn't use it.  The farmers are mad at Bud, even though many nations, including the UK, ban corn syrup as a food!

3 hours ago, MickinMD said:

I don't know about squeezin's, but America's farmers are up in arm over Budweiser's commercial delivering a cask of unwanted Corn Syrup to Coors and Miller saying Bud didn't use it.  The farmers are mad at Bud, even though many nations, including the UK, ban corn syrup as a food!

That is painting with a pretty broad brush, as I doubt farmers in other areas that raise barley, wheat, etc., but not corn are complaining very much. I still  question the economics of raising corn for ethanol production to add to fuels. Some folks seem to be pretty 'short sighted' and rave about their products without a concern for others. I cringe when I hear folks rant on about the impact of the Government closure, and how we do not need those employs, as the speaker's needs were not impacted one bit by the closure.  I'd better stop before I get old George Jones moved to the political section.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

That is painting with a pretty broad brush, as I doubt farmers in other areas that raise barley, wheat, etc., but not corn are complaining very much. I still  question the economics of raising corn for ethanol production to add to fuels. Some folks seem to be pretty 'short sighted' and rave about their products without a concern for others. I cringe when I hear folks rant on about the impact of the Government closure, and how we do not need those employs, as the speaker's needs were not impacted one bit by the closure.  I'd better stop before I get old George Jones moved to the political section.

Preach It Brother Herder!!!!!!

• Heart 1

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 7:18 PM, MickinMD said:

I would be mad too. Why waste good corn on syrup when could be better used as ethanol fuel additive. Such a shame.?