Good Tuesday to you

Kzoo

19 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

We are fogged in this morning. I hope it lifts within the hour, I’m driving to Meadville.

It was foggy on my way in too. Last week we had blizzard conditions. Yesterday it was 55 and this morning it’s 45. effed up weather we’re having.

Not a great Tuesday.  That friend who wanted me to take her to see her parents but her meds were all screwed up and she kept cancelling cause she was a wreck - She was doing much better, getting the anxiety and depression under control.  Her dad just had a massive brain hemorrhage and passed this morning.  It's going to be tough to keep her settled through this.

• Sad 4

On Tuesday - I feel the same way. We're having roller-coaster weather. We had the Polar Vortex last week then high-40's to 60F Sun-Tues. Back into the 40's Wed, then in the 60F Thursday and Friday. Then 30's to low-40's Sat-Mon, then some "wintry mixes" of snow and rain Tues-Wed, but it should stay warm enough to keep the snow from accumulating.

The fog was lifted by the time I went to Meadville. I had a full body massage at 9:30. The power was out on a large part of the town I was in but it was on for my massage. Walmart was closed, tractor store lights came on just as I pulled up. They said the power was out while they re-route power lines while they are building a two lane roundabout. Everyone expects this to be a disaster.

I stopped in Jackson Center for some hot wings and beer. They had bottles of pumpkin beer with a best by date os 2/03/19 so I had a couple of those. Not too bad, this place usually doesn’t sell craft beer so I was surprised to see it.

8 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

The fog was lifted by the time I went to Meadville. I had a full body massage at 9:30. The power was out on a large part of the town I was in but it was on for my massage. Walmart was closed, tractor store lights came on just as I pulled up. They said the power was out while they re-route power lines while they are building a two lane roundabout. Everyone expects this to be a disaster.

I stopped in Jackson Center for some hot wings and beer. They had bottles of pumpkin beer with a best by date os 2/03/19 so I had a couple of those. Not too bad, this place usually doesn’t sell craft beer so I was surprised to see it.

I didn’t think there was much of anything in Jackson Center!

My wife is working tomorrow her normal day off, because she has scans most all day Thursday. She has a hard time working three days in a row.

2 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I didn’t think there was much of anything in Jackson Center!

We still have three bars. We used to have four but two of them burned down and they only rebuilt one of them. We also have a seasonal Dairy Queen and a brand new Dollar General. No grocery, no gas station or convenience store, no bank. They concentrate on what’s important.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Kzoo said:

322 and 98.  I’ve done that intersection a thousand times. I grew up 3 miles off 98 20 miles north of there.  Crossingville.

A friend of mine posted the architect’s drawing of the roundabout this morning on FaceBook and it already had three wrecked cars in the center of it. :runcirclsmiley:

54 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Yes - Cambridge Springs is the big city! :D  Like Hootersville! 

My wife and I spent an anniversary at Bethany Guest House in Cambridge Springs. We stayed in their honeymoon suite, it was all furnished with antiques except for the whirlpool tub. The doors on the suite were original and had about an inch gap at the bottom. We could hear footsteps in the hall and see shadows as people walked by. The antique bed was a joke, my feet hung off the end of the bed almost to my knees. When we got moving that antique bed sounded like someone had tied squeaky toys to the bed springs. We moved our activities to the whirlpool tub. :whistle:

• Awesome 1

35 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

My wife and I spent an anniversary at Bethany Guest House in Cambridge Springs. We stayed in their honeymoon suite, it was all furnished with antiques except for the whirlpool tub. The doors on the suite were original and had about an inch gap at the bottom. We could hear footsteps in the hall and see shadows as people walked by. The antique bed was a joke, my feet hung off the end of the bed almost to my knees. When we got moving that antique bed sounded like someone had tied squeaky toys to the bed springs. We moved our activities to the whirlpool tub. :whistle:

I had an apartment in a house 2 blocks south of there in 77-78.  My first apartment out of HS was also on the same street 3 blocks north of there.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

@Longjohn Did you ever do the MS150 than ran from Cranberry to Lake Erie, with the overnight at Allegheny College? There was a hill on the Century option... Cochranton? I had to trick a buddy that he really wanted to try my fixie on that climb. Kudos to him, he cleared it.

Cochranton hill was a hoot. The little 80 pound girls dancing on the pedals passing me up was a bit embarrassing but slow and steady was my style. I don't mind watching little girls, remind me of my granddaughters. On the downhills I flew by them so fast I couldn't even see them. Next uphill there they go again. 

I rode with Ray, from Ray's cycles in Butler one year. He rode the whole thing on a Penny Farthing, an actual antique one. He did have to get off on a couple hills but he walks up hills as fast as I ride them. They also had a guy rode it a couple years in a row on a 36" unicycle and I saw a guy do the whole thing on a olive drab fixie. He told me he had a half dozen bikes at home and any of them would have been a better choice, but he made it.