Oh No You Don’t!!!!!

ChrisL

Every morning I have to get on a freeway on ramp that merges with another on ramp that than merges onto the freeway.  Both on ramps allow for speeds of 65+ but then you have to slow down to merge onto the freeway, sometimes abruptly.

I’ve been doing this drive for about 10 months now and twice I had a close call to the Oh No You Don’t driver.  As the two on ramps  merge with cars at speed the natural progression is to “zipper” but the person behind says nope, not gonna happen and speeds up closing the gap and forcing you behind.  Except now they are right on the ass of the car in front who needs to slow down to merging traffic.  Sure as shit the car in front slammed  on the brakes & bam he got rear ended by oh no you don’t guy...  

I totally saw it coming too and never merged but stayed in the shoulder and just went around the douch and poor guy who got drilled for no good reason.

Some people are freaking stupid...

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

The corollary is of course the drivers who try to pass everyone on the right and bypass several cars doing the proper zipper.  Sometimes I feel that the "oh no" driver is simply being defensive.

In a reasonable world, a very large weight would fall from the skies every now and then on a filtering driver thus thinning the herd.

The two types of drivers feed on each other.

10 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Every morning I have to get on a freeway on ramp that merges with another on ramp that than merges onto the freeway.  Both on ramps allow for speeds of 65+ but then you have to slow down to merge onto the freeway, sometimes abruptly.

I’ve been doing this drive for about 10 months now and twice I had a close call to the Oh No You Don’t driver.  As the two on ramps  merge with cars at speed the natural progression is to “zipper” but the person behind says nope, not gonna happen and speeds up closing the gap and forcing you behind.  Except now they are right on the ass of the car in front who needs to slow down to merging traffic.  Sure as shit the car in front slammed  on the brakes & bam he got rear ended by oh no you don’t guy...  

I totally saw it coming too and never merged but stayed in the shoulder and just went around the douch and poor guy who got drilled for no good reason.

Might be a good idea to get a dash cam. Front and rear facing for sure!

LOL, I have seen several similar near-misses, but not any actual bang-bangs.

One of the continuing issues we have here is the folks who believe their time is so much more valuable than those already in the proper lane and try to cut in at the last second, sometimes even driving thru the shoulder to cut in front.

One other pet peeve is the folks who can't get up to merging speed form the on-ramp.

18 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Think about 2 deer trails coming together to form a larger trail that leads to a feed plot.  Now imagine a herd of deer on each path both heading to the food at the same time, coming together where the trails merge.

There- Got it?

So where is the tree stand in relation to all this?

• Heart 2
  • Haha 2

Last week I was on a 4-lane highway following a driver in the right lane. I have to make a left turn in about a half mile so I check my mirrors. There's a guy right on my bumper, but no one in the left lane. So I put on my turn signal, let it blink 3 times, and start to change lanes. The jerk behind me decides this is the time to floor it and go around me. He doesn't use his turn signal. I'm about half way into the next lane when he tries to come around. He winds up into the oncoming traffic lane which fortunately for him was empty.

3 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I saw that happen on the end of my road. There were a bunch of Amish buggies coming out my road and some more Amish buggies coming across the field. They have no clue how to merge, I think they let the horses work it out. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

I often use a similar 65 mph on ramp merging with another on ramp, where I-97 to Annapolis is fed by ramps from both I-695, the Baltimore Beltway, and I-95, the Baltimore Harbor Tunnel.  The lane I use is the only through-lane and the other ramp, coming from the tunnel, starts out as the fast lane and then merges into my (slow) lane which then becomes the new fast lane of the I-97 expressway.  There are sometimes several of us in line in the slow lane and some idiot flies up the fast lane and when it ends continues to ride along the edge of the road figuring someone will slow down and let him in before he runs out of room!  It's amazing how many times that has happened over the years.  I usually give the SOB a quick dirty look and keep on going 65, almost forcing him to slam on his brakes.