who would live in Australia?!

12string

It's bad enough that the blood's always rushing to your head, and that pretty much every insect, bird, and animal has some sort of poison that it can inject in you to cause slow painful death - except for the ones that just maul you and let you bleed out.  Now they are warning people that the floods have displaced these killers and you should be careful leaving your house because they are waiting on your lawn!

It is really hard to emigrate as government has strict rules. I forget her name but on the other obsolete forum there was the Canadian lady who did a lot of brevets as part of randonneuring to qualify for PBP. I believe the person she married was an Australian, yet still had to jump through a lot of hoops despite her Commonwealth heritage.

Towards the end of our stint in SA, Wo2 & I pondered it for a while. I had a specialized skill set & a tentative offer fro the Aussie company that prolly would have gotten me in as a Temp Worker (same as SA). We had no desire to emigrate.

One reason we left SA was because they were pushing us to become permanent residents. As such I would have been eligible for their military service. Not a risk we were willing to take.

1 hour ago, Tizeye said:

It is really hard to emigrate as government has strict rules. I forget her name but on the other obsolete forum there was the Canadian lady who did a lot of brevets as part of randonneuring to qualify for PBP. I believe the person she married was an Australian, yet still had to jump through a lot of hoops despite her Commonwealth heritage.

Machka

I could think of a lot of worse places to live.  Some years Australia's 24.6 million people have fewer homicides than the 600,000 citizens of Baltimore.

Fortunately for me, 90% of the Baltimore homicides are to people who have served prison time.  The rest of us are mostly safe.

• Haha 1

On 2/5/2019 at 1:33 PM, Tizeye said:

That was Machka. She's still Down Under and active on Bikeforums.net. I believe that her father was named Cadillac and also very active on the old LF.