Pet peeves- I know you've got 'em!

Ralphie

Drivers who don't use turn signals.

Congress not repealing the law that lets scam phone callers use fake telephone numbers so they can't be traced.

CVS phoning me at least 10 times/month, even though I'm on THEIR do-not-call-about-prescriptions list, saying either 1) your prescription beginning with XYZ can be refilled. Press 1 if you want it refilled..." or 2) your prescription is ready for pickup - when neither I not my doctors requested it.

Infomercials designed to look like a new report, where the interviewer, who clearly rehearsed the lines for the ad, acts surprised and thrilled to learn various facts about a product.

The same goes for Chevrolet commercials where the nerdy guy doing the commercial says, "Oh, I forgot...." as if the commercial wouldn't have been re-shot if he forgot a line.

I don't have too many pet peeves yet but, as the years pass, I'm slowly turning into Walter Matthau's character in "Grumpy Old Men."

• Awesome 1

19 hours ago, Further said:

People who use the self checkout at the grocery store and move in slow motion. 

You got in this lane to move, so move already.

And then it comes finally time to pay and they start fishing around for exact change like they had no idea they were gonna have to pay for it, or worse yet, pull out a checkbook.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Drivers who don't use turn signals.

Congress not repealing the law that lets scam phone callers use fake telephone numbers so they can't be traced.

CVS phoning me at least 10 times/month, even though I'm on THEIR do-not-call-about-prescriptions list, saying either 1) your prescription beginning with XYZ can be refilled. Press 1 if you want it refilled..." or 2) your prescription is ready for pickup - when neither I not my doctors requested it.

Infomercials designed to look like a new report, where the interviewer, who clearly rehearsed the lines for the ad, acts surprised and thrilled to learn various facts about a product.

The same goes for Chevrolet commercials where the nerdy guy doing the commercial says, "Oh, I forgot...." as if the commercial wouldn't have been re-shot if he forgot a line.

I don't have too many pet peeves yet but, as the years pass, I'm slowly turning into Walter Matthau's character in "Grumpy Old Men."

People who use up all the good pet peeves in one post.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Chris... said:

I have so many. 

First off, in movies  and TV when someone gets shot in the head standing in front of a window and blood splatters on the glass behind but it doesn’t break. 

For me it's aircraft scenes that are implausible if not outright wrong. In the original Six Million Dollar Man, he takes off in one jet; flies another; and lands a third jet. Completely different types of aircraft.

3 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

For me it's aircraft scenes that are implausible if not outright wrong. In the original Six Million Dollar Man, he takes off in one jet; flies another; and lands a third jet. Completely different types of aircraft.

Similar.  I was clicking through some channels a couple weeks ago and there was some biker flick.  One dude got in a fight and got a pretty serious knife wound to his chest.  Fair amount of blood covering his left pec.  Him and his buddy leave and he puts a jacket over his bloodied blue shirt.  Off they ride only to stop at a diner.  The injured dude gets off his bike and his shirt is now white and there is no blood.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Similar.  I was clicking through some channels a couple weeks ago and there was some biker flick.  One dude got in a fight and got a pretty serious knife wound to his chest.  Fair amount of blood covering his left pec.  Him and his buddy leave and he puts a jacket over his bloodied blue shirt.  Off they ride only to stop at a diner.  The injured dude gets off his bike and his shirt is now white and there is no blood.

Bikers heal fast

• Haha 1

Apologies...don't EVER apologize, or worse yet, accept an apology. (Relates to insight gained on the power of an apology in sales training.)

Close second or tied for first place...

Mass histrionics of group impulsivity. (related to my earliest memory where I was the victim)

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

What? You're cool with him having a bionic arm, leg, ear, and eye. He fights Bigfoot. He runs 60 mph? That's all good, but they f up the opening sequence with different jets and that bothers you? 

Does it bother you that Lee married Farrah? One of Charlie's Angels marries a dude that doesn't know which jet he should be flying.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, dennis said:

What? You're cool with him having a bionic arm, leg, ear, and eye. He fights Bigfoot. He runs 60 mph? That's all good, but they f up the opening sequence with different jets and that bothers you? 

Does it bother you that Lee married Farrah? One of Charlie's Angels marries a dude that doesn't know which jet he should be flying.

I've seen some of my medical insurance bills. 6 million dollars doesn't seem all that impossible.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, dennis said:

I remember an episode where he had to spin a prop to start a small Cessna or Piper type plane. He switched on the bionic wrist spun the prop up to about 8000 RPM and they played the soundtrack off a jet spooling up.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Further said:

8000 RPM and they played the soundtrack off a jet spooling up.

Or when in the movie they show a 2 stoke motorcycle and the sound track is that of a Harley 

• Haha 1