Today, I will cry "HELP"

Dirtyhip

12 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

There is no way I am going to commute today.  It's 11F out there.  It should be about 12 when I am supposed to ride to work.

Fuck that.  I am feeling worn.  HELP!  ?

It's hard to get old.  It's even harder when you have to start admitting it.

< backs away slowly >

• Whatever 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

There is no way I am going to commute today.  It's 11F out there.  It should be about 12 when I am supposed to ride to work.

The first time I read that, I thought you were saying that you would commute if it was 12, but not 11.

well sure - 11 is 8.3% colder!

• Heart 1

Just now, Dirtyhip said:

I have rode all year so far. How many of you Bastards have done the same? 

It gets tough. Day after day of riding in freezing temps and very slippery ice. Only dumped it about 3 times this year.

I've ridden every day this year (2019) that I needed to ride to get to work!  Snow days, vacation, holidays, and WFH days all make it possible :D 

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I've ridden every day this year (2019) that I needed to ride to get to work!  Snow days, vacation, holidays, and WFH days all make it possible :D 

Well, thanks for that.  Thanks for kicking me when I am feeling tired and worn and stepping off for a day.  

Not sure if it is warmer where you live, but whatever.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

Well, thanks for that.  Thanks for kicking me when I am feeling tired and worn and stepping off for a day.  

Not sure if it is warmer where you live, but whatever.

I offer you Hawaii as well! And around here, it is getting to high 50*s again today.  Snow is forecast for next week, though.  Ice, though, is hopefully NOT.

IMG_7082.thumb.PNG.1da2c97acc3c1613b1478002ef2f9fc5.PNG

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

The first time I read that, I thought you were saying that you would commute if it was 12, but not 11.

well sure - 11 is 8.3% colder!

I meant the predicted is only another degree higher.

16 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I agree, time to get a car ride.

Yes.  I am going to do this.  I'll work out at lunch and ride the rower tonight.

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

It gets tough. Day after day of riding in freezing temps and very slippery ice. Only dumped it about 3 times this year.

I’ve ridden all year. Even when we were -30. In fact I rode last night in the middle of an ice storm. Now where’s the remote so I can change the channel without getting off the trainer?

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I  have. 1F here, feels like -7F. We had more than 3ft of snow this week. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

7 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Maybe petite can swing by and give you a lift. You have longer arms and can help with the windshield wiper situation!

WIN-WIN!!!!

It's early but this one just might get a nomination.  I'll to see that @jsharr has to say.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

I forgot my smiley.  Yes, I know it doesn't work that way.

I got to wondering what the max temp can be, and my mind got blown!  It's a big number.

In the Planck temperature scale, 0 is absolute zero, 1 is the Planck temperature, and every other temperature is a decimal of it. This maximum temperature is believed to be 1.416833(85) x 1032 Kelvin degrees, and at temperatures above it, the laws of physics just cease to exist.

3 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Do what is right for you and screw the peanut gallery!

I interpreted her cry for "help" as a desire to be "pushed" not coddled. :whistle:  Of the daily riders in this joint, she's known already as a tough one, so it's hard to believe she actually has rough days.

• Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Dang,  @Dirtyhip throws in the towel for the day and you bastiges pile on...  If ya ain’t feeling it, ya ain’t feeling it.  Who gives a flying fuck if you ride, walk or Uber to work. 

Do what is right for you and screw the peanut gallery!

Hey, she's the one that opened the door.  We just ran through it.  And piling on is fun.

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

I interpreted her cry for "help" as a desire to be "pushed" not coddled. :whistle:  Of the daily riders in this joint, she's known already as a tough one, so it's hard to believe she actually has rough days.

This too.  The noob is on a roll today.

• Awesome 1

25 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Yeah yeah...  People who have inner drive need affirmation that it’s OK to back off.  We all know she’s a stud, no need to push.

Noobs! ?

• Heart 2

Sorry.  I had a moment this morning.  Didn't like the prodding.  

The truck had a warm heater.  My bike is here, and I can ride home.  

People in my hall are dropping like flies from the flu.  Pretty much everyone around me has been sick. Luckily, I have avoided it.  Was feeling a tad frayed, and today broke me. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

43 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Sorry.  I had a moment this morning.  Didn't like the prodding.  

The truck had a warm heater.  My bike is here, and I can ride home.  

People in my hall are dropping like flies from the flu.  Pretty much everyone around me has been sick. Luckily, I have avoided it.  Was feeling a tad frayed, and today broke me. 

I felt guilty for picking on you this morning. After reading all the posts again I realize I never posted. I apologize for the likes and laughs I added in. That was not very supportive. Keep on keeping on, I pray for you to continue to beat this cursed disease.

• Heart 1

15 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I felt guilty for picking on you this morning. After reading all the posts again I realize I never posted. I apologize for the likes and laughs I added in. That was not very supportive. Keep on keeping on, I pray for you to continue to beat this cursed disease.

You and Kzoo should feel guilty.  ?  Very, very guilty.  

• Awesome 1

43 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

My assumption with DH is that she is tough as nails. Implicit in all my comments to her (but not to someone like jsharr) is a high measure of respect, and any level of snark or heckling by me to her is my belief that she is more than strong enough to brush off my inanity. So, I'd apologize except I think she properly flipped me off already.

IOW, DH ain't a snowflake!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

You and Kzoo should feel guilty.  ?  Very, very guilty.  

OK getting back to your thread title.  What you really want to say here is - cry "UNCLE"

You remember that.  Some bully pins you down and makes you cry Uncle... not Help.

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

OK getting back to your thread title.  What you really want to say here is - cry "UNCLE"

You remember that.  Some bully pins you down and makes you cry Uncle... not Help.

I almost typed that.  Although, I feel the expression tis a silly one.  When has my uncle ever came to help me?  Seriously.  Crying out "Uncle" is somewhat useless.  

Instead, I cried for help.  My husband stepped up.  It is going to be real tough, if I have a bad morning and he is working.  He works a lot.

• Heart 1