Hey car peeps and motor heads

petitepedal

1 minute ago, petitepedal said:

Does anyone make heated windshield wipers :dontknow:. Defrost on high window open so I can breathe....still can't keep up with the ice forming on the wipers

Open the window - reach out and snap the wiper at it's apex.  Not recommended at highway speeds.

Or attach a Bernzomatic torch to the wiper.

There are wipers made especially for ice and snow but they aren't heated. I have seen devices that heat the windshield washer fluid, but putting hot water on cold glass seems risky to me.

Have you changed your cabin air filter in the last 15K miles? A clogged filter might restrict the defroster.

4 minutes ago, team scooter said:

Another life lesson learned from the best movie ever. :nodhead:

elwood.jpg

I definitely don't remember that scene in Star Wars!  Are you remembering correctly? Or is that from some special edition George Lucas remastering of the epic?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

No offense, but what does a Texan know about these sorts of things? Two folks who shouldn't weigh in on this are YOU and @shootingstar.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

Yes! I hate to be 1% on all of you though. My Volvo has heated steering wheel heated windshield and heated wiper blades. I think the washer fluid is too

insert pinky finger extended while sipping hot black coffee

Heck, in Hawaii, no one needs any of that nonsense.  Just a good cabin air filter for when the convertible top is up.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, JerrySTL said:

There are wipers made especially for ice and snow but they aren't heated. I have seen devices that heat the windshield washer fluid, but putting hot water on cold glass seems risky to me.

Have you changed your cabin air filter in the last 15K miles? A clogged filter might restrict the defroster.

Naw, we throw big pots of hot water on the windshield all the time.

But thanks for the air filter idea, I didn't even know it had one. Then again, maybe it doesn't, but I'll check it out.

19 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

Yes! I hate to be 1% on all of you though. My Volvo has heated steering wheel heated windshield and heated wiper blades. I think the washer fluid is too

insert pinky finger extended while sipping hot black coffee (from McDonald's because it's a $1)

My OG Chrysler 300 has heated steering wheel, seats, side mirrors, and heated rear window.  Front is just forced air defrost.  No heated wipers.

2 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...this thread reminds me of the big blizzard of '86.  I wuz drivin' a 8 horse team for the Overland Stage Company, and the horses' eyelids kept freezin' shut.  Damn, that takes me back. :DeadHorse:

Through Indian territory?  Did you turn around before Deadwood?  

• Heart 1