A.S.M.R. Videos Give People the Tingles (No, Not That Way)

Page Turner

The abbreviation stands for autonomous sensory meridian response, a name that was coined in 2010, as videos intended to stimulate the response started to take off.

It now drives an entire industry on YouTube, where video artists rack up millions of views filming an array of audio and visual triggers for their viewers: They whisper, tap their fingers, flip through pages of a book, play with slimeslurp up noodlesmake “mouth sounds” and even role-play scenarios like a spa visit or a doctor’s appointment — anything to evoke the sensation.

For many people, the videos have become a part of their daily routine, ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/07/style/asmr-definition-video-women.html

The 21-year-old woman behind ASMR Darling, a YouTube channel with more than two million subscribers, said she goes only by her first name, Taylor, because she has experienced stalking and a public doxxing that made her fear for her safety. She said she made her first video when she was a teenager. “Being that young and being sexualized like that, it wasn’t a good confidence boost,” she said.

The confusion with sexuality takes away what she said were the real psychological benefits of brain tingles.

...:(

26 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

The 21-year-old woman behind ASMR Darling, a YouTube channel with more than two million subscribers, said she goes only by her first name, Taylor, because she has experienced stalking and a public doxxing that made her fear for her safety. She said she made her first video when she was a teenager. “Being that young and being sexualized like that, it wasn’t a good confidence boost,” she said.

The confusion with sexuality takes away what she said were the real psychological benefits of brain tingles.

...:(

ASMR Darling is wonderful. Too many favorites to list.  :)

I tried to enlist you into our world before, Hippie Jones. Why now? 

2 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

... I know this is bitterly unfair, but I drop off to sleep in about 30-45 seconds once my head hits the pillow. I only wake up a couple of times to pee during the course of the next 8 hours.  It should be otherwise, but such is the value of a defect in conscience. :flirtyeyess: