bikeman564™

Frankie Andreu was at our bike club meeting last night

17 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

We told him about some of our club rides, and one ride starts probably a few miles from his house. He's interested in riding w/ us :) So hopefully this summer I'll get to ride w/ him. How freaking cool.

How freaking cool, indeed!  I hope that works out.  Thanks for sharing this story.

Just now, Scrapr said:

did the doping question come up? How did he like the Postal team? 

No thankfully, and from what I can tell he did like being on Postal. He said they were all a very close knit group.

2 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

When he was commentating for OLN & Verses, he named some riders who were good to interview, and some that were not...was funny.

Did he say what he does for income now?  Don't think he made enough during his pro career to be on cruise control.

It's interesting you should have the opportunity to have a world class athlete at your club. I used to see pro players over at the golf club in attendance for special events. I think probably most get paid for the speaking engagement or an autograph session. Much better when you can keep it informal and just chat about things.

4 minutes ago, donkpow said:

Much better when you can keep it informal and just chat about things.

Exactly, and he enjoys chatting :) He's someone I've been wanting to get for awhile because he lives w/in 1/2 hr drive. I mentioned it to a friend of mine also in the club and his friend knows Frankie. So later that night I had his contact info. I emailed him, he emailed back the next morning and was happy to do it. Class act.