Tax Time!

Razors Edge

I just got my final W2 but my wife has been crunching numbers for a while.  She dials in our witholdings so we generally come out  even or having to pay a little. She would rather have the $$ during the year than get a big return.

Last year was the closest she got,  I think we paid like $9.  We had to pay a couple of hundred to Fed but got pretty close to the same amount back in state.

Just now, Razors Edge said:

But you don't have a job!  Nor any known source of legitimate income.  Aren't you an off-the-books sort of dude????

True, the only change is that I have to prove it now. Suddenly I have a stack of 1099's I didn't have before.

I think somebody stole my identity. :ph34r:

I have to wait a little longer before I dare do my taxes. I worked for 3 different companies in 2018. I moved money from two 401k's into a third. And just recently I added $6,500 into an IRA for 2018 and the check hasn't cleared for that. I'll probably wait until mid-March this year.

I did do taxes for a friend of the wife. She owes Illinois $1. I tried my best but I couldn't find a way to get it to zero, or better yet, have Illinois owe her some.

• Haha 1

Haven't even looked yet.  I always owe a couple thousand.  Except last year.  I paid a bunch of 2018 charitable donations and property tax in December 2017, got a bunch back.  This year, I'll take the standard deduction.  would have done that anyway since my itemizations would have been less than the new deduction.  I also don't think I sold any stock, so just salary, 1099 and dividend income, no itemizing, should be easy this year.