So I filed an amended federal tax return 2 months ago...

Ralphie

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

Did you send important mail receipt required or electronically so there was a trail................................?

If not, screwed is spelled with 2 e's

Does anyone send their tax returns that way?  Oh wait, I am in the minority, olde phartes who still send paper. I think that is the only way to send amended ones though. 

3 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Does anyone send their tax returns that way?  Oh wait, I am in the minority, olde phartes who still send paper. I think that is the only way to send amended ones though. 

Pay a bit extra at the post office and get a receipt next time.  Unbelievably, after all that driving and work a few weeks ago to get oldest son's paperwork in line, his new company claimed that they didn't have it.  We gave them the time, place and the name of the person it was delivered to and voila..........they magically found it.

11 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I do.  ?️

For proof.  My Gramps taught me to never trust the Govt. 

• Awesome 1

8 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Pay a bit extra at the post office and get a receipt next time.  Unbelievably, after all that driving and work a few weeks ago to get oldest son's paperwork in line, his new company claimed that they didn't have it.  We gave them the time, place and the name of the person it was delivered to and voila..........they magically found it.

Yup.  This service is important.  I sent the tenants their stuff that way too. Business papers, etc.

17 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

For some reason I can see the irs still denying they have it.

Hopefully the shutdown just added delay and won’t be an excuse for loosing it. 

1 minute ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

For some reason I can see the irs still denying they have it.

Hopefully the shutdown just added delay and won’t be an excuse for loosing it. 

You might have to send another but you will have the upper hand if they attempt to apply any penalty for timely delivery.

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Well la di fricken da!  They received it within three months instead of three weeks!  I guess you can't rush these things!

I gave up sending paper several years ago. So far, filing has been simple.  I think dearie files for son's business, electronically as much as he can..since the store's e-commerce platform for customer payment is tied to Quick Books acctg. software then imported into tax filing software.  He loves it that way.  (Sure beats piles of paper invoices his son still has to receive from small biz who won't go more electronic...)

I like the way how our federal authority have set things up for personal tax filing. They have tough time probably dealing with hackers...and those phone scammers claiming to be tax authority...and money laundering globally.  

I knew someone who worked for CRA....they received some bomb threats.