my taxes are did

bikeman564™

28 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

I am thinking I need to get to work on mine..how did it turn out....I have read where people are disappointed on paying more than previous years :dontknow:

Some are.  I was just about the same, maybe a bit higher.  But I don't have a lot of income where my employer lowered my deductions.

16 hours ago, petitepedal said:

I am thinking I need to get to work on mine..how did it turn out....I have read where people are disappointed on paying more than previous years :dontknow:

Yeah, man!  How did it make you feel?  Better or worse than last year?  It was quite a shock seeing that new much shorter 1040. Simpler is good, but only if it doesn’t cost me more.

16 hours ago, petitepedal said:

They adjusted the tables so that it was seen more in our checks.  GOP wanted middle and lower classes to immediately feel their farcical tax cut increase.  they took away many of the deductions that benefit the lower classes.

Just now, Dirtyhip said:

Expensive states got hit for the prop tax and mortgage interest removal. 

Also, health care deduction help. Nuff said. 

I was down to property and state income taxes for deductions only so that may have been a wash.  I think my triple whammy was

1. I already was owing a lot in previous years, probably should have adjusted the withholding.  I will be well over 10% owed over this year, so a penalty might be insult to injury.

2. The decreased withholding made that even worse.

3. The lack of an HSA deduction is a killer - cost me a LOT of money.

1 minute ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I was down to property and state income taxes for deductions only so that may have been a wash.  I think my triple whammy was

1. I already was owing a lot in previous years, probably should have adjusted the withholding.  I will be well over 10% owed over this year, so a penalty might be insult to injury.

2. The decreased withholding made that even worse.

3. The lack of an HSA deduction is a killer - cost me a LOT of money.

They reduced it to 85% for 2018, because they are assholes and they know it.  Many people will be in this situation this year.  People are freaking out.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-tax-penalty/u-s-irs-to-waive-2018-penalties-for-under-withheld-taxpayers-idUSKCN1PA2VD

• Whatever 1
  • Awesome 1

Just now, Dirtyhip said:

They reduced it to 85% for 2018, because they are assholes and they know it.  Many people will be in this situation this year.  People are freaking out.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-tax-penalty/u-s-irs-to-waive-2018-penalties-for-under-withheld-taxpayers-idUSKCN1PA2VD

Thanks!  That will help, but I I think am well over even that.  That bikeman is a real rabble-rouser, posting such a provocative thread. :D

There has to be a shitstorm on the way!  I wonder if Tom Hanks will help us throw all the bums oot of office?  :D

My congressman retired, but I am afeared his replacement is also an asshole.