Have we heard from the west coasters and the snowmageddon

petitepedal

7 minutes ago, Dottles said:

It's not Jackson, WY but it's something. @dennis

Looks like a minor dusting, nothing to worry about. I parked my car in the NP today and the snow bank was higher than my car.  Like driving through a tunnel. 

I've been to Seattle during a snowstorm. Almost no plows, it was chaos. Getting to Seatac was f'ing crazy. 

Get to your local DQ and load up on buster bars. The trees in your hood are amazing, seriously stunning. 

hahahaha....in MIL house in Portland....1". Some areas east got 4-6". South & West got nothing. I drove over to Bend (3.5 hours) and there was a good amount of snow. Maybe 5" today and 9-12" tonight. In Bend about 6". Biggest obstacle I was going to pull into a snopark & let Oden the Shedder out to pee. Plows put snoparks low on the list for clean out. Understandable as they try to keep the roads open. There was too much snow for me to get in...maybe a foot or more. 

This in the suburb of Portland we used to live in

More coming next week....unless we don't

n9vftggvlkf21.jpg

1 minute ago, smudge said:

I sure hope your temps either start dropping so that precipitation only falls as snow or warms up a ton to change it to rain. That's a dangerous temp range for precip. 

So two things. Seattle area is very hilly and our danger, by far, is the black ice. Apart from poor winter drivers, no real investment in snow equipment at the lower elevations, and you have a very dangerous scenario. The kind you don't want to be driving in 

...no snow and the camellias are in bloom here in Sacramento.  It was a beautiful sunny day today, with a few clouds in the afternoon.  I worked outside the entire day finishing up a project bicycle that I wanted to get done so I could ride it after the next series of rain storms. There's a hummingbird harvesting fluff from the top of one of my cacti, for nest lining.  It's one of the things they use.

I would send you some oranges or limes, or maybe a few grapefruit.  But we are under a strict ag quarantine here because of the oriental fruit fly....a bad actor if ever there was one. :angry:

• Heart 2
  • Envious 1

1 hour ago, Dottles said:

So two things. Seattle area is very hilly and our danger, by far, is the black ice. Apart from poor winter drivers, no real investment in snow equipment at the lower elevations, and you have a very dangerous scenario. The kind you don't want to be driving in 

Yup, black ice. That's my concern about precipitation at that temp.

• Heart 1

Today is garbage collection day -though the weather makes it iffy- and I put the cans alongside the street last night. I walked out to them at 5 am to add another bag of garbage and had to be very careful on the icy sidewalk - it's sleeting more than snowing right now and very light but enough to cause problems.

Schools have a 2 hour delay that may change to closings if the just-below-freezing temperatures don't rise.

We're supposed to have the same mess tomorrow, though with a little heavier snow.

U-Haul Announces Top 25 U.S. Growth Cities for 2018

Sacramento/Roseville corridor ranks first; 6 California cities on list despite state’s ongoing out-migration

PHOENIX, Ariz. (Jan. 3, 2019) — The Sacramento/Roseville market was the leading Growth City in America last year, according to U-Haul® data analyzing U.S. migration trends for 2018.

U-Haul Growth Cities are calculated by the net gain of one-way U-Haul trucks entering a city versus leaving that city during a calendar year. Migration trends data is compiled from more than 2 million one-way U-Haul truck sharing transactions that occur annually.

...observations:

1. They all must have moved here in the winter, not in the summer months.:whistle:

2.  I wish some of them would leave.:angry: (Maybe they could move to Asheville.)