D you like to paint?

Airehead

I really do not. I just painted three more quadrants of the basement floors. We should have just paid the $700 to have the painter do it. One quadrant is around the water filtration/softener system. Really lame of us not to do that before the tanks went in. The other two will be home to the grooming area. This was my motivation. I have to get that set up because their toenails are getting long and they look like shaggy rescues. 

8FCD4007-7DA8-477C-A7A0-0B0CCE2AA0B9.jpeg

• Heart 1

I don't mind the painting part, its the BS of moving things, covering things, masking things that I don't like. I have a 4'x4' section of ceiling in my spare bedroom I need to paint from water damage several years ago...still on the list :wacko: If the damage was in a main room or master bedroom I would of painted it by now.

27 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Air.  Why aren't you in New York at the dog show?

Because Lindy and I lost valuable training time due to my knee injury.  Ryan isn't ready to play on the big field yet.  I am watching it from home while I do some chores.

2 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Because Lindy and I lost valuable training time due to my knee injury.  Ryan isn't ready to play on the big field yet.  I am watching it from home while I do some chores.

My wife is watching some dog show that is on Fox, but not sure it is the one you are referencing. I just came in and fed the bottle lamb, and she is now going to sleep on my foot.  I need to disturb her so I can make a cup of coffee.

DH likes to paint. Invite her over.

floors are easier to paint than ceilings.

When my wife got tired of the wallpaper that she just had to have a few years before she took me to the paint store to get paint for each of the rooms. While she was debating on which shade of beige she wanted I wandered over and was looking at the paint sprayers. She found me and said NO. I said:”What? I was just looking, think how much time it would save?

• Heart 1

You don't want to use a paint sprayer inside unless the house is totally empty, you have masked off all the windows and doors, and wearing full body covering plus a respirator.  Roller is the way to go on a floor, and also the easiest thing to paint.  Hate painting cielings. 

Only time I did that was when first moved before opening boxes and about 15 years later when had to clear the room to install new flooring. That was sweet, didn't have to cover anything. Simply painted the ceiling and pulled up the old carpet with all the paint droppings on it. The key to an even finish on the floor (or wall) is a small section, painted  from both angles to get even then final overlapping prior section as you feather it in, always in the same direction throughout the room.