Be careful on the ice

petitepedal

Okay..not someone I know but the brother-in -law of my friend Betsy's sister-in-law...slipped on the ice from the first front that came Sunday night to Monday morning last week.  He just recently finished renovating his new home he and his kids 20 and 30 moved here after his wife died..a few years ago...age...maybe late 60's...... They are waiting for friends to be notified...and they will take him off life support later this week....  :(  Fell backwards and hit his head... :(

• Sad 4

How sad.   Legendary figure skater Dick Button fell on the ice while he was skating on a pond at his house later in his life and had a severe brain injury.  He ended up becoming a spokesperson for brain injuries and he described how the TBI impacted him and the lingering impacts from the injury.  It's bad to break a bone in a fall, but the consequences can be even worse.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/HEALTH/10/17/hln.bio.button/index.html

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Okay..not someone I know but the brother-in -law of my friend Betsy's sister-in-law...slipped on the ice from the first front that came Sunday night to Monday morning last week.  He just recently finished renovating his new home he and his kids 20 and 30 moved here after his wife died..a few years ago...age...maybe late 60's...... They are waiting for friends to be notified...and they will take him off life support later this week....  :(  Fell backwards and hit his head... :(

:blush: