Yep - I Remember

Razors Edge

1 hour ago, 2Far said:

Ditto.

Speaking of "Ditto", remember Ditto machines & the pages' wonderful aroma?

I remember using them as a school teacher. I also remember using some black "black boards" after green had become the rule.

Then we went to photocopies.  Then we went to white boards with erasable marking pens.  Then we went to projectors attached to the ceiling that projected images from our laptops on a large screen in the front of class.  When I retired in 2006, my chemistry and physics students used laptops and measuring attachments and computer software to record, analyze data, and write their lab reports. I required them to individually write, by hand, a summary of their lab procedures, goals, results and conclusions.  Otherwise, one member of each lab team could send copies of his files to teammate(s) and half the class or more would have to actually learn or remember anything about the labs.

1 hour ago, MickinMD said:

I remember using them as a school teacher. I also remember using some black "black boards" after green had become the rule.

Then we went to photocopies.  Then we went to white boards with erasable marking pens.  Then we went to projectors attached to the ceiling that projected images from our laptops on a large screen in the front of class.  When I retired in 2006, my chemistry and physics students used laptops and measuring attachments and computer software to record, analyze data, and write their lab reports. I required them to individually write, by hand, a summary of their lab procedures, goals, results and conclusions.  Otherwise, one member of each lab team could send copies of his files to teammate(s) and half the class or more would have to actually learn or remember anything about the labs.

My daughter did her research presentation the other week and we went to check it out. It was in al older style lecture hall at a J.C.  The lecture hall had the modern presentation equipment but up above the whiteboard were the old pull down maps!  

After the presentation I asked my daughter if she knew what those curtain shade things were?  She said no and they were trying to figure it out themselves... Yeah maps...