So the Browns signed Kareem Hunt

Randomguy

1 minute ago, TrentonMakes said:

What did this guy do again?

well, clearly, anyone can do whatever they want and still get a second chance in the NFL.  Beat up a woman, run a dogfighting ring, mow down a pedestrian while DWI..... 

Anything except kneeling for the anthem. :huh:

37 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

What did this guy do again?

well, clearly, anyone can do whatever they want and still get a second chance in the NFL.  Beat up a woman, run a dogfighting ring, mow down a pedestrian while DWI..... 

Anything except kneeling for the anthem. :huh:

Yeah, that anthem thing, can't disrespect the veterans according some idiot or other's definition of that.  

Anyway, I think everyone does indeed deserve a second chance.  Of course it will have to be washed through the PR spin cycle, because redemption is a big part of that whole process.  Seriously, though, not everyone makes good decisions when they are 23 years old and it is late at night and in a group, especially if you've been raised in an imperfect environment with less-than-stellar role models.   

40 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Yeah, that anthem thing, can't disrespect the veterans according some idiot or other's definition of that.  

Anyway, I think everyone does indeed deserve a second chance.  Of course it will have to be washed through the PR spin cycle, because redemption is a big part of that whole process.  Seriously, though, not everyone makes good decisions when they are 23 years old and it is late at night and in a group, especially if you've been raised in an imperfect environment with less-than-stellar role models.   

There are two issues here. One is the Browns giving him a roster spot, second is the NFL’s action if any.  As the Chiefs released him he hasn’t faced an disciplinary action from the league.

Im all for second chances after facing the consequences for your actions.

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

he hasn’t faced an disciplinary action from the league.

They are supposedly close to finishing their investigation.  Everybody knows that he will be suspended 6-8 games.  Plus, he lost games checks and his contract with his original team, and is signing well below his actual value in game situations.  Those are the consequences, and he definitely is jumping through some hoops to get back in the league's good graces.  If that doesn't teach you something, nothing will.

49 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Browns, Steelers, and Ravens.  They're the champs at wife beating and rape -- oh and murder.

To be fair, it is only one Browns player they signed today (that we know of).  Other than the BR on the Steelers, who else?  

I am going to go out on a limb here, but I think NFL guys (a lot of them) know they have too much to lose by being stupid.  I suspect that after a few run-ins with people as crazy as they are, many hang in a posse that will intercede if necessary in public spaces.  As they get a little older, I think even more stop going to clubs and such because it becomes more trouble than it is worth.  Anyway, I am guessing the crime rate among players in the NFL is lower than in the general public, at least by a little bit.