Position of Canadian doctors

shootingstar

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/canadian-doctors-for-protection-from-guns-campaign-stronger-firearm-laws-1.5014081

Some of the doctors interviewed are from a major downtown acute care Toronto hospital.  They do (along with several other downtown hospitals) deal with gunshot injuries and fatalities.  A sister of mine does work at this hospital..

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Drugs have killed people, therefore you and those CAnadian doctors are morans! But you're insulated out there in fantasyland.

image.thumb.png.e6c7720bcc7072dd5668c984e67331d7.png

I challenge you to find the “death by marijuana overdose” statistic. In Pennsylvania, one of the indications for being eligible for Medical Marijuana is an opiate use disorder.

11 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Says the guy from Cleveland.

PA is definitely backwards compared to Cleveland, this was never in question.  That is an unfair comparison, though, because of Cleveland being the Paris of Ohio and the center of all things good.  Pittsburgh is similar in a much less grand manner in that it is the chicken-fried steak of PA.

On 2/12/2019 at 9:25 PM, BuffJim said:

What is the Canada’s metric equivalent of the 2nd Amendment?

They want to take away our handguns.  So, if something can be taken away, it isn't a right..  There is no equivalent. :(   Come to think of it.. We have no First Amendment equivalent either.  Sadly, for the same reason. 

• Heart 1

11 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I challenge you to find the “death by marijuana overdose” statistic. In Pennsylvania, one of the indications for being eligible for Medical Marijuana is an opiate use disorder.

It's probably just a slow miserable death by lung cancer or emphysema!  How is that any different than someone legally buying something and going around using that thing for its stated purpose? If they start making wacky rules up in CAnada, the US might have to react in the opposite way to balance out their actions.

7 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

PA is definitely backwards compared to Cleveland, this was never in question.  That is an unfair comparison, though, because the Paris of Ohio and the center of all things good.  Pittsburgh is similar in a much less grand manner in that it is the chicken-fried steak of PA.

Ever tried to renew a drivers license in PA???? Backwards! Like living in 1980 all over again. :D

• Haha 1

On 2/13/2019 at 9:46 PM, Randomguy said:

PA sounds extremely backwards.

Whoops, I was mistaken, it’s New York that’s allowed marijuana to be used as a treatment of opiate addiction. Right there with Illinois.

“Both New York and Illinois recently amended medical marijuana laws in favor of cannabis as a substitute, which was another factor in writing the article, said Saitz.”

On 2/14/2019 at 11:40 AM, Prophet Zacharia said:

I didn’t have a drivers license in 1980 so I would not know.

My cousin in Philadelphia has to get her car inspected but delayed doing it because of snow and not wanting a worker test-driving her car in it.  I told her that, in Maryland, we only have emissions inspections every 2 years, they don't drive the car, and it costs $9.  She said PA has two parts to the inspections, each costing around $25.

So I can imagine getting a license.

I'm a gun owner, but I still got a big laugh from the episode of Third Rock from the Sun where the aliens, disguised as humans, are in line to get a driver's license and one complains, "If it's this hard to get a driver's license, can you imagine what you must have to go through to get a gun?"