Waiting for the 10pm news to tell me how terrible the commute is gonna be in the morning

petitepedal

School here is closed today in spite of no weather activity at this time (other than dark).  The weather guessers however are calling for ice later today which would make it difficult to get the children home.

Womaxx however has a regular day (staff) and Somaxx has to go to work early at 9am because the night time staff goes in early on shutdown days.  Hopefully they will be able to get home to the top of our hill.

This morning we've got about 6 inches, still coming down. schools are closed again. Don't ever remember so many school closings in one season before. Nothing is going on at work, so working few hours. I offer up suggestions to help keep the lights on by offering our customers more services. Like selling bagged or bulk salt and offering to help move snow with our big wheel loaders.  I just get dirty looks. <_<

Good news is Mrs can decide for herself if conditions warrant working at home. She is still in bed so I guess she has made her decision. ;)

On another note, I had to go out and herd Maggie back into the house. She loves the snow and when I carried her in, I put her in the tub to thaw. My little abominable snow poodle. :wub:

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

42 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Well..the weatherheads are a bunch of liars...cos we already got 4 or 5 inches out there..and they are calling for 6 in the total....I am not sure I want to start in at 7:30...or wait til a bit later...they have not plowed us out!!  I am ready for this to STOP.

At least it’ snot too hot.

• Heart 1

They really couldn't tell me much about mine.

Yesterday, the MUT path going up the last hill was not shoveled and it was soft slippery snow. I was going uphill and the bike was sliding back and forth.  I was on the seek.  It has 38's or 40's on it, studded.  I was doing all I could to keep it upright.  There was one slide that really woke me up. It was corrected nicely and brought a grin and chuckle. I love moments of "oh, shit."  Finally, I had to walk this one section of about 100 feet.   Otherwise, all was perfect.

• Awesome 1

13 hours ago, petitepedal said:

I have actually had my tea at home the past week...roads have been terrible...I haven't wanted to risk drinking and driving with a hot liquid :runcirclsmiley:

We're losing the icy roads and sidewalks in the Baltimore area this afternoon and it should remain rainy until Wed, when we'll have a high of 43F but a strong breeze will make it feel like 32F. I have a cousin in the Philadelphia suburbs, a couple driving hours NE where it's usually a little colder, who has an auto inspection and a breast mammogram scheduled today and tomorrow and is hoping she can drive to them.

3 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

They really couldn't tell me much about mine.

Yesterday, the MUT path going up the last hill was not shoveled and it was soft slippery snow. I was going uphill and the bike was sliding back and forth.  I was on the seek.  It has 38's or 40's on it, studded.  I was doing all I could to keep it upright.  There was one slide that really woke me up. It was corrected nicely and brought a grin and chuckle. I love moments of "oh, shit."  Finally, I had to walk this one section of about 100 feet.   Otherwise, all was perfect.

Studs do or don't help in that?  I guess a full fattie would have been best for that stuff???? 

21 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Studs do or don't help in that?  I guess a full fattie would have been best for that stuff???? 

Probably.  Most of the time, a full fatty is just giant drag and overkill.   I got here ok, it just takes a little more caution.  

My studs helped on the glaze ice this morning.

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Probably.  Most of the time, a full fatty is just giant drag and overkill.   I got here ok, it just takes a little more caution.  

My studs helped on the glaze ice this morning.

Many of the fatties here have motors now. LOTS of eFatties rolling around.