Should men be scented?

Wilbur

I have some cologne's but generally don't wear them.  Different Hermes and Armani scents my wife bought for me.  Armani stuff is over the top.  Reminds me of clubbing type scents of my 20's. 

I was in a mall in Florida the other day and a fragrance lady sprayed me with Creed Aventus.  I really liked myself for the rest of the day  :)   But, $400!!!  I will go roll around in patchouli. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

I loved Polo in college, then added Drakkar Noir to the collection.  I haven't bought any cologne since college, but I can clearly remember and love the smell of Polo.  I am sure I normally smell ok.

I wear Polo after shave...green or blue.  My wife loved it, doubt I'll ever stop.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

9 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

My wife liked Piere Cardin and would buy it for me back in the day but I’m really not a cologn guy either.  I use a Neutrogena after shave lotion that has a light scent, my deodorant is probably stronger smelling...

A "close in" scent is fine - ie someone has to be snuggling up to you or really tight in your space.  It is the "why am I smelling that person?" sort of thing that is annoying.

I'm sure the perfume companies are, at this very moment, doing lab as well as psychological research whose goal is to get men wearing more perfurnes.

Whether it's been Old Spice, Brut, Axe, etc., men have proven susceptible to a good sales pitch for a new scent. Note that ALL of them are perfumes but are cleverly marketed as after shave or cologne.

Back in the 1970's, a monthly meeting of the Maryland Chapter of the American Chemical Society featured a guest speaker from Revlon, who said that his company's market only comprised 50% of the population - women - and they were doing their best to capture the other 50% of the population. 

They have made minor inroads so far, but note that jewelry companies have grabbed a significant number of males customers now, which was virtually unheard of a generation or so back.

56 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

My wife liked Piere Cardin and would buy it for me back in the day but I’m really not a cologn guy either.  I use a Neutrogena after shave lotion that has a light scent, my deodorant is probably stronger smelling...

A guy I work with was asking me about gifts for his parents anniversary..  He wanted something retro from the 70's.  I said, get your dad a bottle of Pierre Cardin and your mom a bottle of Black Tower wine.  Fond memories will follow.. :) 

• Haha 1

I like when a guy has just a hint of a nice scent. Like he has to walk past me for me to notice it. 

For some reason HoSmudge got into the Sweet Pea scented face wash from bath and body works. It was nice; he only used it to wash his face in the morning. They don't have it in the foaming version any longer, so he switched to Japanese cherry blossom. I actually like that one better. :)

• Heart 2

14 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

No I live in Michigan - the state preferred by 4 out of the 5 Great Lakes.  We have sand but our dunes come with water.

Face lotion  *shakes head*

I never wore face lotion and about 15 years ago started getting really dark blotches on my cheeks.  I started using SPF 150 face cream on my cheeks and nose and over time they all went away.

So face lotion is a thing for me.