My Cousin Just Passed...

ChrisL

Late cancer diagnosis, found out she was sick Sunday, gone today.  She was close to my older sisters but her dad and my dad were close. Their family hung out with ours a lot back in the day.  

Her dad just passed about a year, the last time I saw this cousin was when visiting her dad after his diagnosis.  Her mom passed a few years ago.

Great family, some of my favorite people. My parents generation are slowly dying off. Only a few still living.

• Sad 12

Sorry for your loss. My parents were the youngest of large family and though I'm 68 I have a lot of cousins 80 or more who I'm still close to.

ALL of my relatives who smoked failed to reach 80 and most of those living past 80 have mostly joint or eye problems but I've also lost a few in recent years.

One passed away last summer from a lung disease - he was extremely interested in family military history and was the motivation for me putting together the history of my father and the rest of Darby's Rangers launching the first modern American commando raid on Sened Pass, Tunisia, in Feb 1943.

One learned last week she has serious macular degeneration.

Another needs her medial colateral ligament repaired.

Another has developed Parkinson's Disease and is badly slurring his words.

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

That's gotta be really tough for you and the whole family.  Sorry for your loss.  :(

Yeah it sucks as it’s not just my parents generation but their older children are going too.  We recently lost our brother, now this cousin.  My oldest sibling just had her 70th bday so yeah they are getting up there...

One of the challenges of being a younger sibling in a big family.  I’m going to go to a lot of funerals...

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Yeah it sucks as it’s not just my parents generation but their older children are going too.  We recently lost our brother, now this cousin.  My oldest sibling just had her 70th bday so yeah they are getting up there...

One of the challenges of being a younger sibling in a big family.  I’m going to go to a lot of funerals...

Yea, big families are great except if there are a lot of members are same age.....it starts to happen more quickly.

So that means there must be nearly a 15 yr. age gap between you and oldest..

18 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Yea, big families are great except if there are a lot of members are same age.....it starts to happen more quickly.

So that means there must be nearly a 15 yr. age gap between you and oldest..

17 years between me and the oldest and the first three girls are all a year apart. My parents were busy...  Our brother who passed was the 4th oldest and cancer got him at 63.  He had just retired about 6 months before the diagnosis. 

So sorry, Chris. I lost my first cousin about 2 1/2 years ago to an aggressive breast cancer that got into her brain stem. She was  God mother to my son. She she just under a year older than me. I am now the oldest cousin.

We are at that age where funerals stop being for the older generation and start affecting ours.