Hey longjohn! I just saw a deadwood still on the road!

Ralphie

My son was backing up in his girlfriend's driveway and backed into a culvert. The rear wheel was bent out away from where it was supposed to be about a 45 degree angle. I took the bent parts off and took them in her dad's milk house and put them on the anvil and beat them straight with a sledge hammer and bolted them back on, good as new. (not saying much).

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Just now, Further said:

I didn't know Brigs made a 2-stroke ?

It was 4 cycle, mounted on a wooden stand with a pulley wheel on the crankshaft.  You put a belt on it and the pulley wheel on the crankshaft of the kart engine to start it.

The richer people used an electric starter. :D  Later they used a nut drive on the kart clutch instead of a belt.

• Heart 1

Just now, Longjohn said:

I don't think I ever got a picture of ours. It was always in the shop when I thought about it. It wasn't a bad looking car, I forget which model it was. It wasn't the real cheap one, my son said that was too small. That's what dad was planning on buying him.

This one on the Jersey Turnpike was the small one - looked like Magilla Gorilla's car. :D

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

It was 4 cycle, mounted on a wooden stand with a pulley wheel on the crankshaft.  You put a belt on it and the pulley wheel on the crankshaft of the kart engine to start it.

The richer people used an electric starter. :D  Later they used a nut drive on the kart clutch instead of a belt.

A pony motor ! We had some heavy equipment that used a gas engine to start a diesel.

The 2-stroke was that hard to start ?

• 1 year later...