Mad as hell, part today

Randomguy

9 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Not without more details and a picture 

I had a sick child today who wasn't much sick.  Yeah, I like having her, but not when her teacher specifically tracks you down several times to tell you your daughter is missing far too much school and is very concerned about it.  Her mother is hyper-reactive and if it looks like a neighbor's child watched a show on television about someone getting a cold, home RO stays.  This happens often.  Very often.  

90% of the times she is home are just like the times I went to school because I wasn't really sick with anything other than the same sniffles every kid has.  My parents were reasonable people and we went to school like normal children do.  I have the very distinct feeling that the teacher has talked many times to RO's mother (I know of several such talks) about this and was disregarded.  She does that.  Other teacher advice is routinely disregarded as well.

RO of course had boundless energy, wouldn't stop talking, kept doing somersaults, ate a bunch (although not what I wanted her to eat).  She was bouncing off the walls when on a facetime call to my parents, didn't complain of anything all day, and wanted to go to a playground (we didn't, it was too wet out).

Got in a stupid argument with RO's mother telling her I am not watching her tomorrow, she should be in school today, quit keeping her home needlessly, etc.  "NO, SHE NEEDS TO STAY HOME, SHE IS SICK, THE DOCTORS TOLD ME YESTERDAY I WAS RIGHT TO BRING HER TO THEIR OFFICE" and on and on.

Geez.  And this is the tiniest tip of the iceberg.

...I used to get to stay home from grade school a lot because I had bum tonsils and was always getting strep infections in my throat.  I never thought about it much, but one year in 7th or 8th grade the nun made a point of mentioning to my mother that she was going to award me the achievement medal for good grades, even though I had set some kind of school record for days absent due to illness that year. :)

I think it sounds like your daughter might just be bored in school.  I can't really blame her.  A lot of what they do in elementary school is mind numbingly boring. :( 

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

My day yesterday was much worse than your day today. Do what I am about to do. 

Going to Publix for strawberry ice cream then McDonald's for a large fries.  

Just now, Page Turner said:

...this is self destructive behavior, and like smoking will eventually kill you. :( 

...oh yeah, I forgot to act concerned about your day yesterday. :rolleyes: What happened and how bad was it ? Was that why you posted that Police Academy video ?

• Heart 2

4 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...oh yeah, I forgot to act concerned about your day yesterday. :rolleyes: What happened and how bad was it ? Was that why you posted that Police Academy video ?

I actually appreciate you asking, insincere as it may be, but I can't share this one. This one is life changing and not for good. 

36 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

My day yesterday was much worse than your day today. Do what I am about to do. 

Going to Publix for strawberry ice cream then McDonald's for a large fries.  

I don't know, my yesterday was as bad, and I left out the descriptions of the most egregious and depressing parts.

I can't eat fries anymore, and I certainly can't eat grocery store ice cream.  I like poisons, but the shelf stabilizers in even the high-end ice cream keeps me up all night with reflux.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

I actually appreciate you asking, insincere as it may be, but I can't share this one. This one is life changing and not for good. 

You rat bastard, I gave only part of the story and didn't allude to any of the nuance.  You alluded to the nuance and gave no details.  

I can't decide which of us is worse.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I don't know, my yesterday was as bad, and I left out the descriptions of the most egregious and depressing parts.

I can't eat fries anymore, and I certainly can't eat grocery store ice cream.  I like poisons, but the shelf stabilizers in even the high-end ice cream keeps me up all night with reflux.

Please don't criticize mass produced commercial grade ice cream. Our friendship has withstood many things but this is a bridge too far. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Please don't criticize mass produced commercial grade ice cream. Our friendship has withstood many things but this is a bridge too far. 

I understand the allure, and I promise that it isn't just me being uppity about it.  It is just that lava pours up my throat because of it.  MPCGIC is like the mostly pretty Haitian hooker that all the boys are talking about, except that instead of a third nipple, she has syphilis.