No sleep again

Randomguy

Melatonin?  A strict pre-bed schedule? No electronics for a few hours before bed? No eating past 7pm?  A lot of exercise during the day? Maybe a bath or shower before bed?  

In other words, what's the blockage to your routine or are you lacking a routine?  

I'd consider Tylenol PM or ZZZquil or similar stuff if I was really exhausted, but I'd hate to need that stuff to always get to sleep.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Melatonin?  A strict pre-bed schedule? No electronics for a few hours before bed? No eating past 7pm?  A lot of exercise during the day? Maybe a bath or shower before bed?  

In other words, what's the blockage to your routine or are you lacking a routine?  

I'd consider Tylenol PM or ZZZquil or similar stuff if I was really exhausted, but I'd hate to need that stuff to always get to sleep.

Good advice. 

2 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I never have trouble with sleep. I found out one time when I bought some Move Free Night time formula (it was half price so I figured why not?) that I couldn’t stay awake. I read the label and saw it had melatonin. I started taking it at bedtime but didn’t by it again.

WTF were you expecting?? LOL

BTW, I've never seen MF Nighttime, I have seen the crapton of other formulae they offer.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Randomguy said:
28 minutes ago, 2Far said:

I don't have any problems going to sleep, it's staying asleep that's my issue.

This is definitely my problem.  I fall asleep so easily the first time, then wake up and it is done.  12-13 hours total the last 4 days?

Yeah - that's my problem when I do get woken up.  Once my "brain" wakes up, it is very hard to get back to sleep :(  I do get slightly woken up throughout the night by things like my dog hopping on and off the bed, but those things I can fall asleep again after.  It is more the "it's 5am and I don't have to wake up until 6:30am" nonsense where I finally get back to sleep at 6:15 :( sort of thing.  That's brutal enough losing just an hour of sleep, so losing much more would definitely have me looking for a fix.

I remember when stress was keeping me up, waking me in the night, and generally making my life miserable. Once I was out of that super-stressful period, things got way better, but man does the brain have a way of messing with the body's normal functioning.  

I do sleep like a baby if I take Nyquil, but it is like a fuzzy numbness for the first couple of hours after waking.  I would hope the drugs for sleeping were less disruptive when waking.

Good luck! A full night's rest is very beneficial, but not something that comes easily to everyone.

I've got my amazon alexa in the bedroom, and if i wake up I'll sometimes set it to play for 10-15 minutes.  The music (or talk) distracts my brain enough that I'm not focused on trying to get to sleep, and that usually helps me - although others I know can't sleep with any noise on.

...when I worked for the fire department, getting woken up at night two or three times was a regular thing.  So I started using an autogenics script to go back to sleep. Here is one.  Good luck.

Focus on just your breathing. There is nothing else you need to be doing at this moment. Nowhere else you need to be. Allow your worries to be released as you simply focus on the present. Breathe.

Breathe in...2...3...4...hold...2...3...Exhale...2...3...4...5...

Breathe in...and out...

Inhale...pause...Exhale...

Turn your attention to your right hand. Imagine your right hand becoming warm. Starting at the tips of your thumb and fingers, the feeling of warmth spreads to your palm...to the back of your hand...to your wrist...

Your right hand is very warm...Very heavy...Relaxed.

Just now, Page Turner said:

...when I worked for the fire department, getting woken up at night two or three times was a regular thing.  So I started using an autogenics script to go back to sleep. Here it is.  Good luck.

Focus on just your breathing. There is nothing else you need to be doing at this moment. Nowhere else you need to be. Allow your worries to be released as you simply focus on the present. Breathe.

Breathe in...and out...

Turn your attention to your right hand. Imagine your right hand becoming warm. Starting at the tips of your thumb and fingers, the feeling of warmth spreads to your palm...to the back of your hand...to your wrist...

Isn't counting sheep easier?

Have you had your BP checked recently?  When mine was high several years ago, it would cause me to wake up in the middle of the night.  I would check it and it would read very high.  For some reason, some of my highest readings would occur at night.  Since I got it under control, I have had no more problems waking up at night, except to pee, of course.

10 hours ago, 2Far said:

WTF were you expecting?? LOL

BTW, I've never seen MF Nighttime, I have seen the crapton of other formulae they offer.

I have heard various people say melatonin didn’t work for them. I took it after dinner and figured I could sit and play around on the forum for a bit. Melatonin puts me to sleep.

MF might have discontinued making it. I found it in a bargain bin real cheap with the expiration date still a year off. I don’t always take Move Free, sometimes I take another joint supplement, I had some arthritis in my knees about 15 years ago and started taking supplements and the arthritis went away.

18 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...when I worked for the fire department, getting woken up at night two or three times was a regular thing.  So I started using an autogenics script to go back to sleep. Here is one.  Good luck.

Breathe in...and out...

Dr. Alan Stancell taught us to meditate like that in our architecture classes at Texas A&M.  We would lay down on the floor in the studio,  turn off the lights and work on these meditations during long / stressful design projects.