For Dennis and DH

Razors Edge

10 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

You can't drop a line like that, and no story.  C'mon.

I think I told Dennis once.  I was in college and my friend's family owned a condo in Teton Village.  I wasn't a very good skier albeit athletic.  I took the downhill 3 times when I noticed a bank that curled around a tree on one of the runs down and decided each time I passed it how cool it'd be to ski the bowled bank.  Well, after run 4 I remembered where it started and took the curve at good speed.  Only problem is the upper ski got caught in the softer snow and my skis diverged and I basically did the splits and went over the top of the embankment and down onto the other side.  It must have been like 10-15 feet high and was all powder.  I literally was enveloped by snow and I couldn't get out.  There was no leverage and I couldn't even get my skis off.  I'm not kidding when I say this, it probably took me 30 minutes to wiggle out of that situation.  That was at noon, and I was so exhausted getting myself out of there, I headed straight for the lodge and called it a day.

17 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I think I told Dennis once.  I was in college and my friend's family owned a condo in Teton Village.  I wasn't a very good skier albeit athletic.  I took the downhill 3 times when I noticed a bank that curled around a tree on one of the runs down and decided each time I passed it how cool it'd be to ski the bowled bank.  Well, after run 4 I remembered where it started and took the curve at good speed.  Only problem is the upper ski got caught in the softer snow and my skis diverged and I basically did the splits and went over the top of the embankment and down onto the other side.  It must have been like 10-15 feet high and was all powder.  I literally was enveloped by snow and I couldn't get out.  There was no leverage and I couldn't even get my skis off.  I'm not kidding when I say this, it probably took me 30 minutes to wiggle out of that situation.  That was at noon, and I was so exhausted getting myself out of there, I headed straight for the lodge and called it a day.

Snowboarders die by going into tree wells face first.  They suffocate. 

Tree wells eat people. One of my co-worker's dad got stuck in one. It took him 3 hrs to get out.

Bombing the fuck out this place today.  

15” 24 HRS

372” SEASON

15°

You’ve heard the rumblings. It’s hard not to. Old man winter has been relentless since February began, and that’s exactly how we like it here in Jackson Hole! Deep powder conditions have now become the norm in Teton Village over the last two weeks, and doesn’t appear to be letting up anytime soon! We’ve recorded snowfall for 12 days in a row and it seems the skiing and riding conditions are nearly perfect here in Teton Village. 97″ have fallen this February in Rendezvous Bowl, making it the deepest February to date, on record.  The average snowfall for this period is 31″ in Rendezvous Bowl, and preceded by a 92″ record in 2017, 

1 hour ago, dennis said:

Tree wells eat people. One of my co-worker's dad got stuck in one. It took him 3 hrs to get out.

Bombing the fuck out this place today.  

15” 24 HRS

372” SEASON

15°

You’ve heard the rumblings. It’s hard not to. Old man winter has been relentless since February began, and that’s exactly how we like it here in Jackson Hole! Deep powder conditions have now become the norm in Teton Village over the last two weeks, and doesn’t appear to be letting up anytime soon! We’ve recorded snowfall for 12 days in a row and it seems the skiing and riding conditions are nearly perfect here in Teton Village. 97″ have fallen this February in Rendezvous Bowl, making it the deepest February to date, on record.  The average snowfall for this period is 31″ in Rendezvous Bowl, and preceded by a 92″ record in 2017, 

Yeah, coming out of Rendezvous Bowl and down one of the easier runs, there was that embankment -- errr -- and that tree well.