How Often Do You Contribute To Youtube?

Razors Edge

Seeing some of the cool plane videos from Youtube, I remembered a conversation I had with my neighbor yesterday.  He had just received a big box containing his new rear spoiler, and I asked him how he was going to install it. We chatted about Youtube being the go-to for that sort of thing and then I asked him if he was going to video his installation and post it to help the next folks needing guidance. We both laughed that neither of us did that - probably because it is a bit of effort to do properly.

Anyway, clearly folks here have a broad mixture of talents, skills, and know how, so do any of you post videos on somewhere like Youtube to help folks out with their similar projects?

14 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

You are an R/C guy, right? Do you watch videos to help you? And don't you do some creative projects that might help/inspire others? 

No.  I do in person seminars through a couple of hobby shops but not on RC.  I do miniatures and models and show people different techniques to achieve realism.

I'm sort of moving away from RC as it's simply becoming too expensive.  To race the cars I would now have to drive almost 50 miles one way.  The indoor flying site is about 30 miles away and the ceiling there is a problem for my eyes when looking at the planes or drones.  

3 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

I've been contributing for a number of years. I'm just days away from hitting 3,000,000 total views across my channel. Not as impressive as it sounds when you consider kids are uploading single videos that get that many hits in a few days.

Have you considered adding girls with short skirts or boys on flaming motorcycles?

• Heart 1

I've got a few up there related to some video editing software. I was participating in that forum and some of the questions were better answered with a video. Mostly screen capture. I haven't had video cameras for very long. I gave some thought to taking some videos out in the garage but it looks like a real pain to handle the camera and produce the content. 

Most of mine are hidden...direct link only. When I was in Toastmasters, would video speech contests for the participants to view afterwards. It was a learning experience, not appropriate to share...but a free platform. Also, the contestant who won and was going on to the next level, it would not have been appropriate for his future competitors to pre-view his speech.

About to start a Real Estate Market Report in video format that can email to prospects. Actually did the video Friday, but need to retake due to shadows. Will post on YouTube to beat then at their own game of "recommending" similar videos and last Sept, they deactivated "?rel=0" command to block pushed videos. While the video I use will be on a premium site such as Vimeo Pro or iPlayerHD - no ads, no push recommended - will also have on YouTube. I would want to be one that is "recommended" yet would never want a competitor pushed to one of my prospects and let them tell them how great they are - thus the alternate platform.