This thread is to remind Wilbur to share the story of his trip to Westminster to show his Bouv's.

AirwickWithCheese

1 hour ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

@Wilbur

Please include pics. 

Also, you know I am a sensitive lad so please take this into consideration. Any sadness must be offset with a happy ending, real or imagined. 

I posted a pic of Gator on here before.    Instigator was in his kennel name and I have a good friend in Birmingham that goes by Gator.  IT was just a good fit.  He had a very soft temperament.  My favourite most dog ever!  He was incredibly powerful and was attacked in the show ring by a Rotty.  Gator broke the Rotties neck.  :(  I wasn't handling him at the time, his breeder was.  He was disqualified for that show.  Funnily enough, he wasn't a dog or people aggressive dog, just defensive.  

He had qualified for Westminster and his handler was already in NYC.  I was going to do a final grooming and drive him to NYC.  I was trimming his ear and he twitched as the scissors closed.  Took the tip off one ear but that is enough to take him out of competition.  It was probably the worst I have ever felt about an animal. 

The good news is, he was our family dog and the Smooth Fox used to love sleeping on him.  They were best buddies.  Gator lived to 15 which is pretty good for big guy.  

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

I posted a pic of Gator on here before.    Instigator was in his kennel name and I have a good friend in Birmingham that goes by Gator.  IT was just a good fit.  He had a very soft temperament.  My favourite most dog ever!  He was incredibly powerful and was attacked in the show ring by a Rotty.  Gator broke the Rotties neck.  :(  I wasn't handling him at the time, his breeder was.  He was disqualified for that show.  Funnily enough, he wasn't a dog or people aggressive dog, just defensive.  

He had qualified for Westminster and his handler was already in NYC.  I was going to do a final grooming and drive him to NYC.  I was trimming his ear and he twitched as the scissors closed.  Took the tip off one ear but that is enough to take him out of competition.  It was probably the worst I have ever felt about an animal. 

The good news is, he was our family dog and the Smooth Fox used to love sleeping on him.  They were best buddies.  Gator lived to 15 which is pretty good for big guy.  

Does your wife not mind that you call her the Smooth Fox?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

I'm ok with that story. 15 years of love is a good run. 

I do hate you were a clumsy oaf and ended Gator's career. Probably best though as your mistake allowed him to be more of a family dog than a parade Prince. That's essentially what you said, I was just reiterating and trying to make you feel bad one more time.    

:)

• Heart 1