My First World Problem Salad Edition

jsharr

I have neglected to bring grilled chicken boob and confused veggies this week, so I have been going down to the cafe for lunch.

Today I ordered the Black and Blue salad, no tomatoes, with balsamic vinaigrette.  Get back to the office and what do I see?  TOMATOES!!!  So I threw them in the trash, poured on a container of dressing and took my salad to my desk to eat.  Tasted a bit off, but not bad.  After a bit, I opened the other container of dressing to dip my flat bread in.  Much to my surprise, the balsamic vinaigrette was actually sesame ginger!

I ate most of the salad and did not go back down and complain, as the lady on the salad bar was new and it was obvious her English was not the best.  She was polite and she smiled so there is no need to make trouble for her.

The only thing that could make this right is to hear a tale from @Wilbur about taking his BdF to Westminster via private jet.

• Awesome 2

48 minutes ago, jsharr said:

This is not about the damn tomatoes you dolts!

I had to eat sesame ginger dressing on a salad that calls for balsamic vinaigrette!

it would have been better if you'd left the tomatoes in.  Sesame ginger dressing becomes balsamic vinaigrette dressing in the presence of tomatoes.

On 2/14/2019 at 3:25 PM, jsharr said:

I have neglected to bring grilled chicken boob and confused veggies this week, so I have been going down to the cafe for lunch.

Today I ordered the Black and Blue salad, no tomatoes, with balsamic vinaigrette.  Get back to the office and what do I see?  TOMATOES!!!  So I threw them in the trash, poured on a container of dressing and took my salad to my desk to eat.  Tasted a bit off, but not bad.  After a bit, I opened the other container of dressing to dip my flat bread in.  Much to my surprise, the balsamic vinaigrette was actually sesame ginger!

I ate most of the salad and did not go back down and complain, as the lady on the salad bar was new and it was obvious her English was not the best.  She was polite and she smiled so there is no need to make trouble for her.

The only thing that could make this right is to hear a tale from @Wilbur about taking his BdF to Westminster via private jet.

It's the management's fault if the workers can't understand you and I would complain to them for not providing the service required.  I was in a D.C. suburb McDonald's and saw that a trash receptacle where you return your trays had no trash bag inside and water was running all over the floor as people dumped their debris into the receptacle.  I walked over to a worker to try to save her a big mess to clean up but she understood nothing I said and stared at me like I was interrupting her.

5 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

It's the management's fault if the workers can't understand you and I would complain to them for not providing the service required.  I was in a D.C. suburb McDonald's and saw that a trash receptacle where you return your trays had no trash bag inside and water was running all over the floor as people dumped their debris into the receptacle.  I walked over to a worker to try to save her a big mess to clean up but she understood nothing I said and stared at me like I was interrupting her.

It was a one time thing and the woman may not have understood, or may have forgotten or may have been tossed onto a station she was not used to.  Big picture the salad was okay, the service was good, I just got the wrong dressing.  I could have ordered in Spanish, so maybe it was my fault.

Not worth getting her in trouble or having her pay docked for the cost of my salad over a package of dressing that is not marked and is the same color as the vinaigrette.