Lotsa great women

shootingstar

I've getting my haircut for past 7 yrs. by a woman who is naturally nice person. She was born in Croatia but immigrated as a little girl. She has dated some guys but hasn't worked out. She lives with her parents..but will be moving out soon. She is 32 yrs.  (hey, as old as my niece).

Then there's my sis...who lives a quiet life. She runs over to my mother's house to look after her needs on weekends.  She's been single her whole life. It just happens.

And 3 different friends same as age as I....single practically 80% of their lives, except for 1 who's ex-boyfriend died unexpectedly at 45 yrs.  They would have each told me, if there was a special guy in their life.  But it hasn't just happened.  

All of the above have steady full time jobs, don't do drugs, etc.  Just good people, who are reliable but would call out on abuse, etc.  I know some would be interested in a guy in their lives...but it just needs to happen with right person etc.

Meanwhile I hear raunchy jokes of some guys, hot after some woman.... 

My long-time social network, by sheer coincidence are primarily, women who are single/don't have children

Maybe my network needs to overlap with a comparable network of guys, eh?  Or that's a disaster waiting to happen.

If people want a relationship they have to do more than sit at home waiting for the phone to ring. Today it is easier than ever before with every kind of matchmaking site you can imagine. I know of at least six couples that met on a matchmaking site and are very happily married. These were not dating sites or hook up sites but sites to find a lifetime partner. 

At the same time, many men are opting for a single life.  Being a couple isn't for everyone and some don't let it define them or their worth as a person.  We raised our daughters to be independent and gave them life skills their boyfriends don't have.  Mostly basic home renovation skills, minor auto repairs and gardening/ landscaping.  I work with a lot of people with a lack of commitment to their partners and didn't want my daughters to be reliant on one of those to get by. 

• Heart 2

35 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

If people want a relationship they have to do more than sit at home waiting for the phone to ring. Today it is easier than ever before with every kind of matchmaking site you can imagine. I know of at least six couples that met on a matchmaking site and are very happily married. These were not dating sites or hook up sites but sites to find a lifetime partner. 

I think my sister tried something but she gave up years ago.

I haven't asked others...it's a sort of thing some women are quite sensitive to..even with the closest friends. I haven't asked outright:  Are you dating? Guy in your life?  It's not a priority topic of discussion since I don't see these friends very often. Several friends are involved in various groups....mixed cycling organizations, etc.  

The Croatian-Canadian hair stylist told me today her brothers ..um have gotten their partners pregnant.  Older one, probably in his early thirties, has hooked up with a woman 10 yrs. older with a 8 yr. old son, but now pregnant.  Younger one found his girlfriend when he went back to Croatia. They've been together for last 5 years..well, together in person finally in Canada in past half yr.  She gets along well with future in-laws while living there temporarily..anyway she is pregnant.

27 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

At the same time, many men are opting for a single life.  Being a couple isn't for everyone and some don't let it define them or their worth as a person.  We raised our daughters to be independent and gave them life skills their boyfriends don't have.  Mostly basic home renovation skills, minor auto repairs and gardening/ landscaping.  I work with a lot of people with a lack of commitment to their partners and didn't want my daughters to be reliant on one of those to get by. 

That's great Wilbur....my father never had basic home renovation skills, auto repair, etc... so I had to figure out, wait for dearie to be around or pay for it.  I'm not sure if my brother knows enough cooking but he's also single and lives in his own house for years.

Your work environment is different from mine:  people who want commitment but for some, it just didn't work out.. some single folks for long time, several divorced with or without children, meanwhile several married with teen to adult children.

The single friends are happy well-adjusted women who have lived independently for decades in their own homes.  In fact, the fastest growing home buying of condos ...are single women.  Not surprising.

Ironically just a few months after I bought and lived in my lst home ...I met my partner. It can be incredible what may happen in life. However we chose not live with one another under 1 roof for over a decade.   We're glad for that because his children, young teens at that time, needed to adjust to the divorce, custody arrangements.

My cousin didn’t meet the right guy until she was over 50. Sadly, she was diagnosed with an aggressive breast cancer a few months after they married. She passed away a little over a year after. 

My son is 33. He has a number of friends who are girls from the running community. Sometimes ha has missed cues from girls interested in him. He has a unique personality and it may be tough to find a match. But you never know. 

There is a single lady my wife and I have known and been friends with for years. She’s attractive and relatively secure financially. Never married though I know she has had some serious relationships. She has been in our cycling group for a couple years. WoW teases me that she is my “girlfriend in waiting” because of the interest she shows in me. Yet the more I am around her the more I remember why I didn’t ask her out when we were single. 

• Heart 1