Four hrs and counting in the ER

Longjohn

20 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Update, the MRI turned up a lesion on her brain. They are transporting her to Allegheny General in Pittsburgh to see a neuro surgeon.

Oh dear.

4 hours ago, Longjohn said:

My wife just text me telling me to not come down, said it’s whiteout right now.

Did youlisten?

1 minute ago, Airehead said:

Oh dear.

Did youlisten?

Yes, I'm still at home. This snow is supposed to turn to rain tonight and rain all night. The roads should be better by tomorrow morning. She has met with some doctors today and they are putting a team together to decide the best way to proceed. I'm not sure what their time frame is, they have her on a "nothing by mouth" diet. All she had yesterday was clear liquids, the day before she was at home but wouldn't eat anything.

• Sad 1

When I got on the interstate this morning I could see flashing lights up ahead. When I got up to them there was a semi upside down in the median. The median was built up in the middle like a small mountain and the truck was at the top with the cab hanging over the other side. The ambulances were over on the northbound side and all the police and wreckers were too. They evidently hadn’t been able to extract the driver yet. Northbound was backed up for miles. Everyone drove very cautiously for the next twenty minutes or so. I’m glad I didn’t try to come down here yesterday when it was bad.

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

Whelp  it looks like they are going to keep my wife overnight again. She still needs another mri  so I guess I have to do this again tomorrow. They made her mask today.  

mask for radiation? Or the gamma knife 

WoScrapr had one for radiation. It was freaky looking. Really scare the kids at Halloween

radiation mask

• Awesome 1

2 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

So far so good. They told me to go home during rush hour. I would look for another job before I would deal with that every day. I still haven’t made it home. I haven’t had anything to eat since 7am so I stopped for a beer and a burger. Still waiting on the burger, this redneck bar has a hillbilly band playing tonight and it’s packed out.

Is it the kind of place you will be forced to kick someone’s ass before they will serve you?

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Sounds like Friendly's!  That place was always abysmally slow.

I worked at Friendly's the year I graduated from high school.  Had I known people noticed I'd have tried to move slower. Being the busboy and kitchen maid in an ice cream parlor sucks.  When you get in the car at midnight to go home you reek of ice cream from washing the dishes.  After a while you no longer like ice cream.  It took a lot of years to get rid of the memory of that smell.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

LJ, I would fight you with knives for that burger. It would not be pleasant for you. 

I would then eat. 

After that, I would dance.    :)

I like to think that you'd order another one, and a tasty appetizer to keep you entertained until the new burger arrived.  Then you and LJ would share a tasty meal and some good stories, and a few relaxing laughs.  Then you would share a dessert - perhaps an indulgent brownie and then you would each be on your way home filled with burgers and the warmth of time spent with a friend.  :nodhead:

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

I was expecting to go to Pittsburgh arriving at 1:00 pm. The time the website said was the start of visiting hours. I had my wife double check because the hours were confusing and she told me in the Snyder Cancer Center there were no restrictions I could come anytime. I left in a hurry and was on the interstate by the time I realized I forgot my glasses. Not a big deal in the daylight but driving home was tough. 

7 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I like to think that you'd order another one, and a tasty appetizer to keep you entertained until the new burger arrived.  Then you and LJ would share a tasty meal and some good stories, and a few relaxing laughs.  Then you would share a dessert - perhaps an indulgent brownie and then you would each be on your way home filled with burgers and the warmth of time spent with a friend.  :nodhead:

That sounds delightful except you over estimate this redneck bar. They have beer, burgers, and wings. I think they have tacos on Tuesday. If you want a desert have another beer. I almost made a video of the place but figured I better not. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

You'd like to think that, yes? Plus we'd listen to Chuck Mangione and talk about LJ's hippies days. I'd entertain him with my homemade videos of my summer with Ron and Nancy at their ranch in 1984. 

I would need LJ to willingly hand over the burger and fries so all this could be possible. If it has onions, he'd hear the sound of the switchblade in my penny loafers.    :)

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

LJ, I would fight you with knives for that burger. It would not be pleasant for you. 

I would then eat. 

After that, I would dance.    :)

You could dance, the hillbilly band was playing down on the lower level where the dance floor is. I sat at the bar and could only see a couple of the band members from where I was sitting and couldn’t see if anyone was dancing but I’m sure they were.

• Heart 2

8 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Or the kind of place they search you for a gun or a knife & if you don't have one, they give you one.

You have been there I see. It’s a racetrack bar. The owners have race cars and a high percentage of the customers race or are race fans. I’m about the only one that doesn’t drive a pickup truck. I’m the only one to go there in spandex. It’s only six miles from my house and right on my usual bike route, gotta stay hydrated.

• Heart 2

10 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

You have been there I see. It’s a racetrack bar. The owners have race cars and a high percentage of the customers race or are race fans. I’m about the only one that doesn’t drive a pickup truck. I’m the only one to go there in spandex. It’s only six miles from my house and right on my usual bike route, gotta stay hydrated.

Mid ride beers are underrated as a hydration aid.

• Awesome 2

1 minute ago, 2Far said:

Mid ride beers are underrated as a hydration aid.

They are in a valley at the bottom of a long somewhat steep hill. There is a stop sign at the bottom and a highway running across the bottom. MS-150 runs through there every year. I told the people I was riding with if they make us stop at the bottom of the hill I’m going in for a beer before climbing up the other side. They always have people there waving us thru.

2 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

They are in a valley at the bottom of a long somewhat steep hill. There is a stop sign at the bottom and a highway running across the bottom. MS-150 runs through there every year. I told the people I was riding with if they make us stop at the bottom of the hill I’m going in for a beer before climbing up the other side. They always have people there waving us thru.

My hills are not your hills by any stretch of any imagination, but that is my pet peeve around here. Every downhill has a light/stop-sign halfway down & at the bottom. I expend a lot of energy going up, I'd like to recoup that energy by not turning it to heat with my brakes.

• Heart 1