Do I dare try plain Greek yogurt for breakfast?

petitepedal

Oh hell, when you suspect you might be done crapping or puking your brains out, you go to McDonald's and get a big mac with extra pickles.  You do this so you no longer have to wonder, because that will either come out really quickly or confirm that everything is staying in.  Seriously, if you can keep that garbage in, you are good to go.

Do this.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

The yogurt and banana are in...

LOL RG...I did that back in my youth...except it was a Quarter Pounder...and you are correct....it didn't stay in...put me back to the BRAT for a few days....But when I went back to real food...it was full blown Mexican and fine....(It was the first time I went through a Christmas holiday mega food season...and lost weight....)

• Heart 2

17 hours ago, petitepedal said:

:dontknow: probiotics  and such...or will it be too much for my tummy? I would have it with a banana.  I will check responses in the AM...g'night peeps

I was having stomach queasiness in Jan. 2018 due to all the antibiotics in Dec.-Jan. for various sinus/lung congestion problems.

My sister, a cancer research nurse, told me to get probiotic yogurt and that worked great.

So, hopefully, it won't bother your tummy.  Personally, I always got it with fruit of vanilla.

28 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

I vote no. Greek yogurts tear me up inside. Try one of the other probiotic yogurts first.

I was amazed the other day shopping for a yogurt to add to my Muesli.  I had read about the decline and fall of "regular" yogurt, but was amazed at how total the walloping has been.  Our yogurt section is now 95% Greek or Icelandic yogurts, and probably on the way to 100%.

But back to "probiotic", folks need to understand that's an insanely broad topic.  A specific strand of probiotic needs to be chosen to specifically target a known issue which the person is having. It's not a "I have an upset stomach, so I need a probiotic" sort of thing, and at this stage of the game, it should not be assumed or taken for granted that the "pro" in probiotic means "good for you".  That is more and more seemingly the case, so I'd tread lightly in the "eating probiotics for health" arena until someone other than a Big Food marketing person is making the case for getting more of it in your diet. 

Give some time to looking over the various probiotics out there and weighing if you think they will make a difference or not. Here's an easy link to understand.

• Awesome 1

11 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I was amazed the other day shopping for a yogurt to add to my Muesli.  I had read about the decline and fall of "regular" yogurt, but was amazed at how total the walloping has been.  Our yogurt section is now 95% Greek or Icelandic yogurts, and probably on the way to 100%.

But back to "probiotic", folks need to understand that's an insanely broad topic.  A specific strand of probiotic needs to be chosen to specifically target a known issue which the person is having. It's not a "I have an upset stomach, so I need a probiotic" sort of thing, and at this stage of the game, it should not be assumed or taken for granted that the "pro" in probiotic means "good for you".  That is more and more seemingly the case, so I'd tread lightly in the "eating probiotics for health" arena until someone other than a Big Food marketing person is making the case for getting more of it in your diet. 

Give some time to looking over the various probiotics out there and weighing if you think they will make a difference or not. Here's an easy link to understand.

You lost me at shopping.  blah... blah... blah... blah... blah.

4 minutes ago, Further said:

I really like the Oui yogurt. No idea if it is better for me than Kozy Shack pudding, but it tastes better and has a pretense of being 'healthy'

I eat it for dessert 

Better than Kozy Shack??? The rice pudding? No effin' way.

• Heart 1