You people lied to me!

Square Wheels

There seems to be some "running is evil" philosophy among people who pretend to ride bikes. I think it was a plot to make me miss out on the hot women.

running is evil, and so are the evil temptresses you've seen while you are out running.

If you were to hookup with one of them WoSW would kill you.

Running causes death.
  • Heart 1

There seems to be some "running is evil" philosophy among people who pretend to ride bikes.  I think it was a plot to make me miss out on the hot women.

The hot women are there whether you are jogging or biking.  Trust me on this.  I'm old, but I'm not dead.

that it is.

Nearly everyday some jackhole motorist does something stupid or aggressive near me while riding. The roads are wide, and most have huge bike lanes, but the motorists here are assholes.

I, too, have been experiencing some of that lately.  One guy purposefully tried to run me off the road a few weeks ago.  Had it not been for my superior bike handling skills  :), I would have taken a nose dive into the curb at speed.  In my condition and at my age, the results would not have been pretty.  

I rode mostly in the coastal areas of the Northshore(Beverly-Rockport) and slightly inland(east of Rt.97). The roads could be narrow and twisty, but the drivers were more aware of cyclists, and not angry rednecks.

Here the roads are wide and fast, and so straight that people text & drive all the time. I often see people drifting into the bike lane just because they aren't looking forward while driving.

2 weeks ago a friend of a woman I ride with, was hit and killed instantly(while running) about a mile from where I was hit.

Cycling is safer than running.

There you have it. Proof is in the pudding. Sorry about your friend's friend.

thanks

My friend was right next to her when she was struck. As you can imagine she was pretty shaken up by the whole thing. I'm glad none of my friends saw me get hit.

Harsh! That'll keep you from sleeping for a good long time.