Delicate of Constitution

AirwickWithCheese

23 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Does this thread have anything to do with your grieving the passing of Karl Lagerfeld today?

No. I put in a shift change request yesterday because I felt one of my sergeants was unnecessarily rude. 

I have to come up with an answer for the reason on the form which doesn't make me look fragile. 

30 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

No. I put in a shift change request yesterday because I felt one of my sergeants was unnecessarily rude. 

I have to come up with an answer for the reason on the form which doesn't make me look fragile. 

Claim that Jussie Smollett has been stalking you with a bottle of bleach and you need the shift change to throw him off your normal pattern.

• Heart 1

2nd example. 

Friday night at work another sergeant was telling a story about life choices. 

For some reason it made me remember an incident from when I first moved to the Airwick cottage. 

I heard a noise and it turned out a little old lady had swerved and knocked down my mailbox in the middle of the afternoon. 

Poor thing was probably in her late 70s and very concerned about my mailbox and just upset. 

She called her daughter who rushed over. My mailbox was the one that came with the house and very heavy metal, some type of homemade mailbox. It was knocked over but completely unhurt. 

The ladies volunteered to have her son come over and reset the mailbox. I politely declined and assured them everything was fine and there was no need. 

I remember both of them gave me a nice hug and a big smile. I asked if she had swerved to miss one of my squirrels and if she had then I should be the one thanking her and volunteering to mow her yard or something. It was rather sweet. 

I reset the mailbox very easily which was saying a lot since I am somewhat delicate. 

A week or so later a got a call from my new insurance company asking how things were going. Polite chat, somewhere in there I laughed and told them about the mailbox. 

Oh we will get you a new one they quickly volunteered. Really?  How much? Will 500.00 cover it Mr. Cheese? 

1 week later I got a 500.00 check in the mailbox but noticed it wasn't from my insurance? Thought nothing of it. The original mailbox still stands. I think I bought a stash of Little Debbies with the money. 

About 6 months later a kid hits me while I was bicycling with Airwick. Hospital, yada yada. This is where I learned about insurance companies and it hit me. 

The reason they were quick to replace my mailbox was so they could skyrocket the poor sweet lady's premiums and get her off the road.  I'm not sure how they knew, etc, but somehow I just know. 

The poor lady swerved to protect one of my squirrels, volunteered to have her son build the mailbox of my dreams, and in my ignorance I probably contributed to her losing her licence before she was ready. 

Anyway, it makes me sad because I can't go back in time and make it right. I don't know who she was or what actually happened. As I'm telling this sergeant my story I got emotional.   :(

The next night I was assigned a post far away from this sergeant.  :)

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1