I was just informed my goddaughter

AirwickWithCheese

5 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

:slow-dance-smiley:had her first Little Debbie snack cake yesterday!!!!   

I do not know which one as of yet.  My .money is on the Swiss Roll.  

She left you a voicemail telling you that if you had bothered to listen! :angry:

It was the swiss cake roll.  I asked if she was liking it and she gave the thumbs up immediately.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

The only appropriate Don Knotts avatars would be of Barney Fife or Mr. Limpet.

I told her she would have to call Mr. McCheeseypants if she liked them.

Be honest, you bought them for yourself because you are poor like me now and you caught them on sale 2 boxes for 1.50.  

You will know you've hit a new low when you start hiding them from RO.    :)

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Envious 1

9 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Be honest, you bought them for yourself because you are poor like me now and you caught them on sale 2 boxes for 1.50.  

You will know you've hit a new low when you start hiding them from RO.    :)

Oh. 

You already have been hiding them from her, yes?   :)

Just now, AirwickWithCheese said:

Oh. 

You already have been hiding them from her, yes?   :)

I have not been having treats at the apartment because her mother gives her constant sugar in every variety.  I have explained to RO that treats should be special and one a day at most, and be primarily made at home because of the higher-quality and generally better flavor than storebought stuff.  Trying to teach her good lessons and all.

That said, I cannot make Little Debbie treats at home, and the Swiss Rolls qualify as special, and now was the time to spring them on her.  All bets are off, you see.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

I have not been having treats at the apartment because her mother gives her constant sugar in every variety.  I have explained to RO that treats should be special and one a day at most, and be primarily made at home because of the higher-quality and generally better flavor than storebought stuff.  Trying to teach her good lessons and all.

meh.png.229402e49d712cac1fe15faf0bc6152f.png

That said, I cannot make Little Debbie treats at home, and the Swiss Rolls qualify as special, and now was the time to spring them on her.  All bets are off, you see.

react_thanks.png.d9b90f6ecf236120a2d88def6f3baa5c.png

36 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

:slow-dance-smiley:had her first Little Debbie snack cake yesterday!!!!   

I do not know which one as of yet.  My money is on the Swiss Roll.  

That's one of my favorites - though a very close copycat is about 1/2 price at Aldi.  Unfortunately, diabetes has me cutting back to sweets with peanuts, almonds, walnuts, etc. in them - somehow the nuts slow the sugar absorption into my bloodstream.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, MickinMD said:

That's one of my favorites - though a very close copycat is about 1/2 price at Aldi.  Unfortunately, diabetes has me cutting back to sweets with peanuts, almonds, walnuts, etc. in them - somehow the nuts slow the sugar absorption into my bloodstream.

Legs are not a necessity.   

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

You can do anything you set your mind too!  You need to kick words like "cannot"  to the curb, roll up your sleeves, strap on your apron and get to bakin'!

https://kelliskitchen.org/2012/12/homemade-little-debbie-swiss-cake-roll/