Snow Boots...Just in Time

MickinMD

We're supposed to get 4" to 6" of snow tonight through tomorrow (Wed.) and I got new snow boots last week!

I haven't had a pair of snow boots for a while - working my way out from my porch with a snow shovel and briefly stepping through deep snow in my sneakers when necessary.

But I decided that was foolish and to get a decent pair of boots since my area is way overdue for a decent snow - we haven't had one since 2016.  I searched the local stores and didn't like the cheap ($40+) boots, did some online research, decided it was worth paying a little extra for better-quality boots, and took a chance on the right size - which are returnable for free until Mar. 14th if I don't like them when I give them their first workout tomorrow.

So here's what I got last week.  I wear a size 11 shoe and the comments advised one size up and they were right. They fit fine and feel very comfortable with a little extra room in the toes. I might want something that fits tighter if I was going to walk a few miles in them even though these would be ok, but I'd rather have the small amount of wiggle room these give me if I'm only going to be shoveling snow or doing other short work in them.  I normally wear a wide shoe but these, only available in medium, are comfortable in the width.  So I'm all set for the coming storm except I have to move my regular, wide snow shovel from my back porch to my living room - I always shovel my front porch/sidewalk first so the mailman can get to my porch's mailbox.  After up to 6" on Wed, we're supposed to have highs around 50F on Thurs and Fri, so I'm going to wait for clear streets before driving.

745862120_BootsforSnow.JPG.d460f4b261570f0ce596b4e400a76414.JPG

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Think about it in these terms.  This is the last pair of snow boots you will ever have to purchase.

I have a pair of these Sorel boots. I will also never need another pair. Last winter when it was single digits, I fat biked in these damn things. Very warm.

6bb9430e-c820-4b62-935f-6afd1277fa40?siz

33 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I have a pair of these Sorel boots. I will also never need another pair. Last winter when it was single digits, I fat biked in these damn things. Very warm.

6bb9430e-c820-4b62-935f-6afd1277fa40?siz

You're young enough that you are buying things for the last time.

With the handful of times that I now wear snow boots, my next pair will be my last pair.  I have a pair that are 15+ years old that WoKzoo bought me.  They have zippers... zippers for snow boots.  Good warm boots but with zippers...  I said zippers...  The zippers went out in them several years ago.  I just  put my pantlegs over the boots and I'm good to go.  I have been threatening to buy a new pair of boots but on the snowy weeks I might wear them twice.  That means I wear them 6 to 8 time a year for a total for 3 to 4 hours.  Without zippers these things will last another 20 years.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

All my rarely worn stuff like boots, or suits, has me set for life. Kinda sad boring :(

FIFY.

If there was a WoBikeDude you would find that all that stuff would get replaced over the years as a reason to go to the mall - again.

• Heart 1