I love planning trips.

KrAzY

It looks like the family and in-laws are heading over the pond.. this will be my 7th trip to London, third for my wife, first for my kids and in-laws. 

I think I have everyone talked into the beginning to mid August so we can also kick it up to Scotland to see Tattoo and Fringe in Edinburgh. This will be also the second time visiting these festivals. I have no doubt everyone will be loving it also :)

After a little research I was scared about handicap accessible stuff, but after reading.. looks like the UK is really friendly.. more then other countries I have been too.

• Heart 2

30 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

Yes... Actually both. 

The WoK and I are figuring it all out and then going to get it all lined up. 

It will be for 2020, but early booking flights is going to be the key to a cheaper trip.  

I'm in the planning stages for 2020 too.  Gotta line up the "where", then sort out the "when" more closely, and then eventually the logistics (flights, cars, actual reservations).  Right now, we're pretty far out from Aug/Sept time I will likely shoot for. Generally, my wife does the actual planning for our vacations, and I am pretty darn impressed :D

• Heart 1

I also like planning - and preparing.  I'll get travel guides, I'll learn to read hieroglyphics, I read the history of the area(s), etc.  I'm probably going to be there once in my life and want to appreciate what I see.

I'm still thinking April cruise, but it's likely to be one whose price drops in March to fill the last seats.

A dozen of us vacation together most years and I'll have to see if anyone wants to plan something expensive overseas this summer: a Danube Cruise, a week in Italy, etc.  If not, I may do so with a woman I often travel with.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I like Hawaii, but isn't this a little overkill?

Research. It’s a sacrifice I am willing to make. It’s either retirement living if my kids scatter to the wind after college, or a snowbird plan if they stay local. I’m warming to southern Kauai as my goal destination. And since I’m planning NZ for 2021, there’s no time like the near future.

16 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Why are you worried about the handicap stuff?

Father in law is in a scooter, he can walk a little ways, bit not all that far.. I want to make t a good vacation for them since the in-laws have not been there yet.

Planning a trip to Kentucky this summer. My barrel of bourbon is ready. I can pick up bottles from April to October, so we’re looking at the week after Labor Day. Wife wants to visit the quilt museum in Paducah too. I’m looking at a VRBO somewhere in the middle to launch adventures from.

• Heart 2

4 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Someday I want to do the Fringe, my son recorded this at the Fringe seven years ago.

Fringe is amazing. I only wanted to see Tattoo, but it was going on at the same time, so we walked for miles seeing people perform and what they sell at the little shops they set up.. I can't wait to go back!

• Awesome 1