Is this year off to a good start for you?

AirwickWithCheese

Starting off badly.  My back problems are worsening and it is depressing, to say the least.  I am having significant mobility problems these days and much pain in my lower back.

I guess I had hoped to maintain my health up to the end and go out suddenly, but it seems that gradual disease and destruction are in the cards for me.    

• Sad 4

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

Starting off badly.  My back problems are worsening and it is depressing, to say the least.  I am having significant mobility problems these days and much pain in my lower back.

I guess I had hoped to maintain my health up to the end and go out suddenly, but it seems that gradual disease and destruction are in the cards for me.    

No, as soon as I sort out my own back issues I will share the remedy and we will waltz through life.   :slow-dance-smiley:

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

No, as soon as I sort out my own back issues I will share the remedy and we will waltz through life.   :slow-dance-smiley:

I read somewhere recently where Elizabeth Taylor had back problems similar to mine.  She spent the last ten years of her life basically bed-ridden.  

• Sad 2

In some respects it's good - I'm still basically healthy, my old cat is still alive, my Mom has expected health issues but is still able to live mostly independently and enjoy life and I still have a job.

But work has been very busy and stressful and that impacts my temperament more than I'd like, and some of my coworkers are likely to change, and change is bad.

• Heart 1

Also on the plus side, I watched a good episode of Beverly Hillbillies today.  Jed and family purchased a fancy dress shop in Beverly Hills that was run by Lovey Howell.  Hilarity ensued and I had a good chuckle to start my day.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

She injured her back falling from a horse when she was young.  But I was speaking of scoliosis, osteoporosis and stenosis.  I share some of her issues. 

She injured her back falling from a horse when she was young.  But I was speaking of scoliosis, osteoporosis and stenosis.  I share some of her issues. 

So yes from Black Beauty. I've never had back issues until this last month. Now I can't laugh without being in pain. I might have to start avoiding you at all costs and posting in Kzoo threads.    :(

• Heart 1

No. My knee has been hurting since October and it got worse on Saturday. I found some old crutches in the attic and I'm using them now. I had the knee x-rayed last Monday and going to see the doctor tomorrow about it. At the minimum, I bet my knee needs 'scoped. I might even need a knee replacement. Time will tell.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

It is better than pain.  Have you tried medical heroin?  It seems to be all the rage these days.

The operation might result in other painful and debilitating effects.  Plus, the operation I need is MAJOR spinal surgery requiring many hours on the operating table and several months of recuperation.  And the eventual outcome is unclear, to me at least.  I will probably just go ahead and have the surgery, but I was hoping to put it off for as long as possible.  I suck.

I don't want to give myself bad luck, but since I don't believe in curses, etc. I might as well say:

1) This is the first year in more than a decade that I don't have a joint in my body giving me enough of a problem that it significantly limits my physical activity.

2) I'm down to the fourth notch on my belt for the first time in a few years (different belt, same length) - and 20 lbs lighter than at Thanksgiving.

3) I'm doing well in the stock market.

4) All my friends and everyone in my family is healthy, though some 80+ cousins are having minor but increasing physical problems.

Overall, very good so far - but prepared for the reverse if it occurs.

• Heart 2
  • Envious 1

1 minute ago, MickinMD said:

I don't want to give myself bad luck, but since I don't believe in curses, etc. I might as well say:

1) This is the first year in more than a decade that I don't have a joint in my body giving me enough of a problem that it significantly limits my physical activity.

2) I'm down to the fourth notch on my belt for the first time in a few years (different belt, same length) - and 20 lbs lighter than at Thanksgiving.

3) I'm doing well in the stock market.

4) All my friends and everyone in my family is healthy, though some 80+ cousins are having minor but increasing physical problems.

Overall, very good so far - but prepared for the reverse if it occurs.

Would you agree that Bridget Fonda is beautiful? 

My father has had multiple operations to fuse his vertebra. They go in and take out the old putty, then put in new. This has been going on for decades. The last time, a bush hog jumped up and hit him on the head. He crawled to his truck and drove to the hospital. He had removed one of the arms of the mower deck so it would follow the ground more closely. The blade hit a stump causing the mower to flip up.

a23622.jpg

• Sad 1