Baltimore: we're officially the worst drivers!

MickinMD

The Orioles had the 3rd worst season in modern major league baseball history last year and the Ravens lost their playoff game, but we won something!

The local Baltimore TV News is telling everyone to stay off the snow/ice covered roads, especially since we have won the title of the worst drivers in America by Allstate Insurance based on years between claims:

"The average Baltimore driver reports filing a claim once every 3.8 years and is 163 percent more likely to do so than the national average. The national average for filing a claim is once a decade, according to Allstate." (https://patch.com/maryland/baltimore/baltimore-home-worst-drivers-america-allstate-says)

I wonder how much of it is due to Baltimore having the most congested roads and the fact most people don't know how to drive in the snow. I bought my new car in 2013, and was slightly whacked in the back by a State Police Truck (state trooper's fault, my insurance didn't have to pay) and had a crack in my windshield apparently from a pebble thrown by another vehicle's tire in, I think, 2016 - my State Farm insurance paid.  So I did my part to win the title!

Here are the 10 cities with the worst drivers:

1. Baltimore, Maryland
  2. Boston, Massachusetts
  3. Washington, D.C.
  4. Worcester, Massachusetts
  5. Glendale, California
  6. Springfield, Massachusetts
  7. Los Angeles, California
  8. Providence, Rhode Island
  9. Alexandria, Virginia
  10. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

2 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

It was a biased poll.  Clearly the author never drove in Boston.  Boston driving is the American version of Thailand.  Bluff and intimidation have right of way and it helps if you refuse to make eye contact with oncoming drivers.

That’s an old truck drivers trick. Works the best when you are actually driving a truck.