Tax time was very kind to us

Dirtyhip

18 minutes ago, Dottles said:

We get some back this year.  It's all going to credit card debt.  I mean it's all going towards that new, rotting deck now that needs to be replaced ASAP.  Let me know if you need to make a donation to my charity so you can receive a tax credit for next year, DH.

Can I have your Tax Id number, before I write the check?

• Envious 1

For taxes it's not how much you get back or paid after doing your taxes that counts. No it's not! Rather it's how much you paid in taxes for the year.

Getting a big tax refund it very, very easy. Just have an extra $500 or so a month taken out of your paycheck. Of course you could have been putting that $500 into a 401k or IRA and gained some interest.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

For taxes it's not how much you get back or paid after doing your taxes that counts. No it's not! Rather it's how much you paid in taxes for the year.

Getting a big tax refund it very, very easy. Just have an extra $500 or so a month taken out of your paycheck. Of course you could have been putting that $500 into a 401k or IRA and gained some interest.

I used to have a buddy that would say the same.  His big line would be "Why do you want to give the government an interest free loan?"