Home exercise equipment

Dirtyhip

5 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

CB7265DC-EB97-4022-9A20-F8A6BED15667.thumb.jpeg.bf518c2b0635f3223d6430dd161215ad.jpegDD80D438-2EAE-4814-BD11-D679C62E5220.thumb.jpeg.3aa69c976e6e1c7605ee5ca5851362ed.jpeg

Our current home gym. It’s a little more refined now. Some stuff hanging on the walls. There is a big TV mounted opposite the bikes. We’ve got G’s computrainer, a few regular trainers and 2 spin bikes. Also a rower. The TV swivels for the padded area as well. We can do the body pump or Yoga on demand vids. Plenty of free weights and bands.  And yes, I work out topless nearly every day.

I might try and lift that laptop higher.  Put it about where his eyes should track.  IMPO

5 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I might try and lift that laptop higher.  Put it about where his eyes should track.  IMPO

It is.   I put his bike right up against the wall and put a shelf for the laptop directly in line with his eyes.  This pic is older.  I have the water shut off hidden behind my Ironman shadowbox now and some IM posters hung on the walls. 

I need to make a big banner that says "Fayetteville 2022" so G can remember what he's training for. 

You can see the big shadowbox sitting on the ground in the first pic. 

• Heart 1

Just now, ChrisL said:

I do my push ups & core work in my bedroom but really don’t have any home equipment.  My trainer and a set of rollers are packed away.

Between the gym and general good weather really no need for home equipment.

In Indiana it's a must.  I generally like my house and subdivision.  I just wish I had a barn for Emmy to pitch in during foul weather.  Can't get out and throw in rain or cold.  And we've had a lot of rain/cold this year.

4 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

In Indiana it's a must.  I generally like my house and subdivision.  I just wish I had a barn for Emmy to pitch in during foul weather.  Can't get out and throw in rain or cold.  And we've had a lot of rain/cold this year.

I can’t imagine my son doing long toss indoors!  He’d need a domed stadium!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

I can’t imagine my son doing long toss indoors!  He’d need a domed stadium!

New Albany has an indoor facility for soccer and softball. We played a tourney there a few weeks ago.  Our first game was at 11:00PM on a Friday night!  Have to get games in around the clock 24 hours since there is only one field.  I imagine that baseball players could throw across the whole thing. 

• Heart 2

13 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

I have my trainer and some stability balls in my den and a few bands and small weights my condo just installed a ne bike (too big) elliptical, and weight machine..but I mostly go to planet fitness

20190130_134116.jpg

20190130_134150.jpg

You have strange taste in artwork.  Most folks go with paintings or photos, but looks like you enjoy lists and diagrams???

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

FTW!!!

It is such a luxury to workout topless and with really cool music and video of MY CHOOSING.

Gyms blow.  I used their rower yesterday.  Shit, that thing was so draggy.  The action seems like it is not smooth at all.  never noticed till I owned my own machine

Whether it's my old Soloflex or Resistance Bands or an Aerobics Video I like the convenience of working out at home.

I don't go often, but it's a great change of pace to do our county's public Indoor Swimming Pools aka "Aquatic Centers" ($6 entrance fee, $4 for seniors, active military and disabled with discounts for 15-use, quarterly, to $330 annual for seniors, $475 otherwise) which are very popular since almost everyone in Maryland can swim. You can "drop-in" without reservations and take water-based fitness classes (an extra $1 for seniors, $2 otherwise).

I'm also considering doing Tai Chi classes offered by one of the local hospitals which are usually $50 for 10 sessions.  I did it every morning at 7 am on deck - often seeing large groups in local towns we passed doing similar stuff - during a Yangtze River Cruise and went from there to breakfast feeling SO relaxed afterward.

209917060_SwimmingNorthArundelAquaticsCenter.JPG.7e732a5899d2af989dcf7e561a707227.JPG

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Chlorine.  And, don't put your head under water.

I hated swimming when I trained for the IM.  I called them the dancing grannies.  They were lane Nazis.  They would come in and just start moving lane lines without even asking people 30 min before classes even started.  And their perfume would just float on top of the water.  It was disgusting.  They would only leave a single lane open for laps.  And they would back up all the way to the damn lane line when they were doing their gyrating.  So when you rolled to breath you had a granny ass right in your face.  Ugh.  Probably had depends on all day with about 4 pounds of powder.  And all that probably floating around in the pool that you are doing laps in.  I never missed swimming laps in the pool after the IM was done. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

It is such a luxury to workout topless and with really cool music and video of MY CHOOSING.

I have had a home workout/gym room in my house for many years.  I love that I can work out at any time of the day.  I don't have to get dressed and drive to a gym.  I don't have to use equipment that other people are sweating all over.  I can work out at my own pace, take breaks, go to the bathroom, etc, all within 30 feet of my equipment.  And I can wear whatever I want.  In hot weather, I have even been known to work out in the nude.    :)

• Heart 1

Some options, I have a TRX. That, or it's imitators, are handy. The catch is you want a high attachment for some exercises, and a lower one for others.

I have a ton of bands. I have some heavy duty bands that I cut to turn into straps. I used to use them for squats, deadlifts and pulldown exercises. I like the 1 3/4" size. I have 3 of those, and one 2".

https://www.performbetter.com/categories/band-tubing/general-bands-tubing

I've made PT exercises with bands and mini-bands part of my warmup. I use bands for regular exercises, but my wonky shoulders need all the help they can get.

This is one of my warmup exercises, and it's fantastic. I made a small modification to it. On the angled movements, instead I put one arm at 45 degrees, and the other just a little below level. When I bring them back in, the movement is gently curved.That gets the rotational muscles a little better.

• Heart 2

3 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

I hated swimming when I trained for the IM.  I called them the dancing grannies.  They were lane Nazis.  They would come in and just start moving lane lines without even asking people 30 min before classes even started.  And their perfume would just float on top of the water.  It was disgusting.  They would only leave a single lane open for laps.  And they would back up all the way to the damn lane line when they were doing their gyrating.  So when you rolled to breath you had a granny ass right in your face.  Ugh.  Probably had depends on all day with about 4 pounds of powder.  And all that probably floating around in the pool that you are doing laps in.  I never missed swimming laps in the pool after the IM was done. 

People really should shower before using the pool.

I have a yoga mat which I haven't used for several years.  I just do some stretching exercises, etc. on bedroom carpet.

We don't have any other home exercise equipment.  We live near large parks for walking, cycling and jogging.  I mean just walking 5 min. to start off and if on bike, go for 30-90 round trip km. on bike.  Which I have several times for the latter.