Here is a new avatar for our Dear Leader

jsharr

9 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Sadly I seldom drink any longer.  Not worth the calories and sugar.

Not sad at all.  I have never understood the desire most people have to dumb themselves down with alcohol.

I am dumb enough as it is.  As Judge Milian says, I need all my brain cells to hold hands.  :D

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

Not sad at all.  I have never understood the desire most people have to dumb themselves down with alcohol.

I am dumb enough as it is.  I need all my brain cells to hold hands.  

Self medication, liberation, affirmation, obstruction.  The reasons are many.  I used to refer to alcohol as social lubricant.   I have issues that I deal with in a variety of ways, some of which are unhealthy.  I find my solace in a bag of chips instead of bottle more often than not.   Trying to be more self aware of when, why and how I eat.  HALT.  Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired.  Only one is a real reason to eat, or should be.    

• Heart 2

On 2/21/2019 at 12:02 PM, jsharr said:

I find my solace in a bag of chips instead of bottle more often than not.   Trying to be more self aware of when, why and how I eat.  HALT.  Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired.  Only one is a real reason to eat, or should be.    

I pretty much flunked healthy eating this week. I got home from the hospital late each night. One night I ate McDonalds because it was midnight and I didn’t want to cook. One night I was home so I baked some salmon, a potato, and steamed some broccoli. Another night I just ate a whole large bag of scoops with no salsa. Last night I had a good burger and fries. I do better when I cook for the two of us. The lack of time and concerned more about my wife than myself led to bad eating.

Just now, Longjohn said:

I pretty much flunked healthy eating this week. I got home from the hospital late each night. One night I ate McDonalds because it was midnight and I didn’t want to cook. One night I was home so I baked some salmon, a potato, and steamed some broccoli. Another night I just ate a whole large bag of scoops with no salsa. Last night I had a good burger and fries. I do better when I cook for the two of us. The lack of time and concerned more about my wife than myself led to bad eating.

Sorry brother. Wish I was closer and could make you some grilled chicken boob and confused veggies

• Awesome 1