How Often Do You Bake?

Razors Edge

For the normal folks, I'm wondering about their baking habits - pies, cakes, bread, etc.  You know - Great British Baking Show stuff.

For my pals in CA and the PNW, I assume you folks have a better understanding of "bake" than our traditional one, so feel free to comment on getting baked.

For the peeps in the hot, hot, hot Southwest, you may discuss how you avoid getting baked. Sunscreen and AC surely top the list.

Personally, we don't bake enough in my house :(  We buy a lot of baked goods(!), but there is something to be said for doing it yourself.  I think it shows you have plenty of free time to waste :)

For the record, though, the Irish seem to be a bit insane:

image.png.fc947c311368d94f5f83f58db1050b8b.png

I baked every Saturday for many years. Muffins, coffee cake, biscottis, nut bread, cup cakes. When we started going to another campus of our church I stopped baking. I was just thinking about all my cake pans, muffin pans, cookie sheets, Rubbermaid containers, etc. I should probably get rid of them. I have most of that stuff stored in totes downstairs but I’m not going to use them again.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I baked every Saturday for many years. Muffins, coffee cake, biscottis, nut bread, cup cakes. When we started going to another campus of our church I stopped baking. I was just thinking about all my cake pans, muffin pans, cookie sheets, Rubbermaid containers, etc. I should probably get rid of them. I have most of that stuff stored in totes downstairs but I’m not going to use them again.

OR...start baking on WEEKDAYS!!!!!

Start a SW mailing list, and get subscribers!

• Haha 1

I baked my handmade pizza/foccia, a dessert version...about 3 yrs. ago.  I also used to make and bake a savoury pizza made from scratch

I haven't baked since. He hasn't either but may have done something 2 yrs. ago.  

When I moved away to another province from my large family, there was no good reason to bake much at all.  That's where my baking (chocolate-banana cookies, cream cheese orange chocolate brownies, ginger peach crisp) did go..large .family gatherings.

4 hours ago, groupw said:

WoW loves to bake! Cookies, cake, bread...whatever. She likes that her office does food days so she can bake and we don’t have to eat it all!

Like @Longjohn, you can sign us up and ship it out :D  We're happy to eat some tasty baked goods!

• Heart 1

...hardly ever in the summer. Maybe weekly or biweekly in the winter when I want to warm the house up. Sometime this week, I think I'll make a lemon meringue pie. My wife has a nutrition bar she bakes up weekly in a batch.

As for the "other" baking, I'm happy it's legal here now, but I don't do it very much because it slows me down.  this is kinda the high point in the gardening season here.  All the citrus trees are loaded with fruit, and the camellias have been blooming for about a month or month and a half.  The big Sacramento Camellia Society Show is the weekend of March 2.

If it doesn't freeze here between now and then, I might have some flowers to enter.  

• Heart 1