My Old Dr Sucked

ChrisL

So I met with my new Dr today. Discussed my medical history, poked & prodded and says do you know you have a heart murmur?  Say what?  She puts the scope to my chest and listens some more. Yep l hear  a murmur.  Your old Dr has never told you that before? Nope...

I got to thinking, I don’t remember that guy ever listening to my heart or actually looking or touching me.  The medical assistant checks weight & BP, Dr checks my labs & charts and says ok keep on keeping on or change this med...

Making an appt with the cardiologist today, glad I switched.

• Heart 2

Just now, ChrisL said:

So I met with my new Dr today. Discussed my medical history, poked & prodded and says do you know you have a heart murmur?  Say what?  She puts the scope to my chest and listens some more. Yep l hear  a murmur.  Your old Dr has never told you that before? Nope...

I got to thinking, I don’t remember that guy ever listening to my heart or actually looking or touching me.  The medical assistant checks weight & BP, Dr checks my labs & charts and says ok keep on keeping on or change this med...

Making an appt with the cardiologist today, glad I switched.

Yet another place women are better than men - medicine.

• Heart 1

My MIL went to a pill-pushing quack with an MD behind his name. She was a train wreck mentally. The old quack died and the new doctor took her off over half her medicines and changed most of the others with newer medications. She was a new/better person within a couple of weeks. WoJSTL was going through nursing school at the time and tried to tell her mother that some of those medications should never be taken together. Of course her mother didn't listen.

Just now, JerrySTL said:

My MIL went to a pill-pushing quack with an MD behind his name. She was a train wreck mentally. The old quack died and the new doctor took her off over half her medicines and changed most of the others with newer medications. She was a new/better person within a couple of weeks. WoJSTL was going through nursing school at the time and tried to tell her mother that some of those medications should never be taken together. Of course her mother didn't listen.

I listen to my mom's doctor stories and my head spins.  She has several different, and she is a "handful" (on a good day), but the never ending list of ailments and treatments is quite astonishing.

53 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Yet another place women are better than men - medicine.

49 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Depends on the person.

Yeah I get it but I have had better experiences with women Drs than men Drs. She also asked if I ever saw an endocrinologist for diabetes.  She’s making a referral in that too but first the cardiologist & time for a rotor rooter.

1 hour ago, TrentonMakes said:

I was diagnosed with a murmur some 30 years ago.  It is considered "functional" which means it isn't really a problem, and chances are the same is true for you.  Good luck.

She said I may have had it for a while and not to worry.  she was just surprised nobody said anything earlier. I wasn’t...

• Heart 1