What would you add to a stir-fry that you normally don’t?

Randomguy

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

I do this, but a good curry sauce is hard to come by. I use McDonnell’s curry because it is ok and powdered and is ready when you are.  I really have not been able to find another good curry that isn’t also massively expensive. 

I have a super little Indian grocery store close by

• Awesome 1

*Sliced fennel bulb and chopped tomatoes..it really does work with pasta.  It is my own dish. a jot of soy sauce, accentuates the anise flavour.

*Stir fried butternut squash with sliced mushrooms and onions. It is delicious. I've taken over my mother's dish....as part of her adaptation in Canada.  You don't have to add any sugar to dish since the stir frying, lightly carmelizes the squash. It's simple and takes about 20 min. to cook for 2 people.

• Awesome 1

On 2/21/2019 at 10:01 PM, shootingstar said:

Sitr fried beet greens, red pepper, onions, ginger root and abit of soy sauce with pasta.  (that's steamed Chinese noodles that one buys fresh from Asian stores. Not as heavy as Italian pasts.)   It's delicious.  It is my invention. :)  Here's the blog post:  

bigger-beet-greens.jpg

I think shooter wins this thread! I have beet greens, and I will now stir fry them instead of steaming.

Kirby, water chestnuts are similar and probably more used in stir-fry I would think.

• Heart 1

Just now, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I think shooter wins this thread! I have beet greens, and I will now stir fry them instead of steaming.

Kirby, water chestnuts are similar and probably more used in stir-fry I would think.

I have looked for water chestnuts, but cannot find them.  Where are they?

3 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I have been looking in the fresh sections.  I haven't been to a Chinese grocery looking for them, though.

Water chestnuts can be purchased fresh or canned from Asian food stores.

I've never really noticed if the cheap produce place has them.  They might, since they do have bitter melon.