I seem to be going through a lot of celery recently

Randomguy

It is the perfect food - very low cal, green, lots of roughage, but it is spensive right now.  I just grudgingly paid $2.99 for a package, and I think they are usually like $1.79.  I am sad that I live so far from the cheap produce place where they are just $1.

Plus, it is good brian food that helps you solve murders, Mr. Cobumbo!

• Heart 2

10 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I never do that.  I'll have to try it.  Hmm - I have beet greens, celery, long hots, carrots, onions, radishes, green pepper.  Sounds promising!

It really is the best ever for that purpose, big onion chunks are second.  I am finding that zucchini is good, too, in that it is the counter to the crunchier bits.  It really seems to be the only way I will eat it.  I found that you can overdo the carrots in a stir fry, they can make it too sweet.  Carrots are whores, don't listen to them when they scream "use me, big boy!".

Crispy baked tofu is really good with stir fry, too.

• Awesome 1

9 hours ago, BuffJim said:

I like celery in my soups and chili. Yet I’ve never finished a bunch. If I use 5 stalks before it goes limp, I’m doing good. 

I used three large stalks in the chicken noodle soup I made today and four carrots. My granddaughters love homemade chicken noodle soup.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1