Lobster for lunch

late

We were cruising around looking for lunch. Settled on J's Oyster Bar, but going in at noon no longer avoids a line. There were also parking issues.

Next street over is Harbor Fish, where we got 5.6 pounds of lobster. We could have had lunch most places for half what that cost. But what's the point of living in Maine if you don't have lobster once in a while??

So now we're  waiting for the water to come to a boil.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, BuffJim said:

I was supposed to meet a guy in Portland last year, but he was Late, and BuffCarla and I had our lobster lunch by ourselves. 

I emailed you my phone number. Sorry my computer went tits up, but I was hoping you'd call.

Come back sometime, and I'll show you around.

You'd like the Beans Factory Outlet, Beans also has a great bicycle department, and we can have lunch at our fave Middleastern joint that's just around the corner.

• Heart 1

I had Costco's exclusive "Shoyo Ramen Noodle Soup" with chicken, corn, carrots, red bell peppers, and spring onions.  Umm, umm, good!

Which reminds me.

When I was in grad school at IIT in the mid '70's, few students in the grad dorm were rich enough to have telephones in their rooms and most who did tended to be snobbish, have private rooms, and didn't socialize with us two-in-a-room low-lifes - most of whom could only afford to be at IIT thanks to scholarships.  One wealthy but down-to-earth guy from India named Raj Gopal had a phone and another guy named Mike from New Jersey could do a fast-talking "disc jockey voice."  So Raj would have Mike call the dorm snobs with phones, pretend he was a disc jockey at "Radio Station WSOB and if you can sing the Campbell's Soup jingle, we'll send you a case of Campbell's minestrone soup!"

They would record the guys singing the "Umm Umm good," song and then play it the next day during lunch or dinner over the PA in the dining hall.  The snobs would go berserk but never figured out who was behind it!  Raj's room was on my two-per-room floor and our floor was in on the secret and enjoyed every minute of it.