Taxes are done

petitepedal

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

C'mon PP, we need info.  I am very curious on people's tax feel this year. I think it benefitted us.  Don't like that some of our usual write-offs were not allowed.  

It is really odd that I can;t find any info on the HSA deduction.  Everything I google up is dated last year or even 2017.  You would think there would be lots of info on loosing the deduction this year.

7 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

It is really odd that I can;t find any info on the HSA deduction.  Everything I google up is dated last year or even 2017.  You would think there would be lots of info on loosing the deduction this year.

Shit, really?  I have an FSA.  You can't write off health anymore?  Those are HUGE expenses.  

HSA...Health Savings account is still there...it is how we now cope with the high deductible health insurance that Insurance Companies have stuck us with....

I paid about $1,000 less in taxes this year...and I got about $300 less back on my refund :dontknow: Because the standard deduction increase...I did not do the long form...

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, petitepedal said:

HSA...Health Savings account is still there...it is how we now cope with the high deductible health insurance that Insurance Companies have stuck us with....

I paid about $1,000 less in taxes this year...and I got about $300 less back on my refund :dontknow: Because the standard deduction increase...I did not do the long form...

But you deduct in on line 23 of the 1040 and the new 1040 stops at aboot line 21. So how did you deduct it?

The "long" form is short now and I think the 1040ez is gone because of that.

i just finished state and I am getting a nice refund. Not sure why they withhold too much but it will help pay the large amount I have to pay for federal.