Snow

dinneR

We've got an unusual 61F in Central Maryland today, but those of us between Annapolis and Baltimore are getting off-and-on rain.  I wanted to do some yard work today but Jupiter keeps "pissing through a sieve" as Shakespeare wrote.

It's back to the 40's tomorrow.  Come on, March - where we get Daylight Savings time on the 10th and we can see the light at the of the tunnel to April!

4 hours ago, MickinMD said:

We've got an unusual 61F in Central Maryland today, but those of us between Annapolis and Baltimore are getting off-and-on rain.  I wanted to do some yard work today but Jupiter keeps "pissing through a sieve" as Shakespeare wrote.

It's back to the 40's tomorrow.  Come on, March - where we get Daylight Savings time on the 10th and we can see the light at the of the tunnel to April!

40s today.  Still below freezing every night though.  It's unusual here. 

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

That is sad. Even Texans like snow.

I rode the lift with two buys from Dallas. One was flying home today. Maybe. The other was planning to ski here, then rent a car and drive to Big sky to ski. He asked me if he could drive north through the park. Road closed, so you have to take the pass. I just heard they closed the pass for the day. Looks like he's stuck here.

14 hours ago, dennis said:

It snowed all day. It should continue through Friday.

I found waist deep powder today.

0224191411_Burst01-ANIMATION.gif

When I was a teenager I visited my aunt and uncle in Calgary. It was the only time I skied deep powder. We did a day of hell-skiing in BC. On one run, I got to be first down a run no one had been on. Pretty awesome.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, dennis said:

They have closed the backcountry gates. Avi danger is too high. I can hear the bombing in town.

Pass is closed, hwy to the north is closed. If there is an avalanche to the south, we are locked in. The airport is open if you can get there. 

Sounds like Afghanistan!  Holy cow! Get into your bomb shelter and stay safe! Spring is coming :D

36 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Sounds like Afghanistan!  Holy cow! Get into your bomb shelter and stay safe! Spring is coming :D

No way, I'd like four more big powder days to ski at the mountain. Night ski wed. I've got a 1/2 price ticket to use at the town hill and one more day at the ghee would be nice. That's seven more ski days if I can make it happen.

Keep the powder coming!

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, dennis said:

That is f'ing awesome! Looking forward to seeing the full movie. Thanks for posting that.

See @Kzoo I am not totally effin' useless like you claimed in the PM that @Square Wheels shared with me behind your back!  Oh, you are welcome Dennis.  

We've got a nice day, high winds beginning tomorrow with rain later in the day.

I'm going to walk the dog a few miles at a place I haven't taken him before: Sawmill Creek Park, which the Baltimore & Annapolis Bike Trail passes through. I haven't seen that trail for a couple years and want to check it out since it's fairly-level and I'm going to ride my bike there first - beginning in March or April before tackling the hilly, woodsy trails I love.